Under general direction, the Senior Librarian performs professional level library services, cataloguing, and purchasing, provides program development expertise, promotes excellent customer service, and directs staff members. Please note, this position will be required to work some nights and weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Functions: -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Engages, directs, and guides patrons at the library reference desk; researches and responds to technical or reference inquiries, demonstrates use of library catalog, answers questions, directs patrons, and implements library programs for all levels of the community
• Oversees, supervises, and manages the delivery of high-quality customer service; provides training for library personnel and volunteers, resolves conflict, delegates volunteer work, and ensures daily duties are completed; resolves personnel conflicts and evaluates performance.
• Researches, develops, and organizes various adult, youth, and children’s programs.
• Facilitates and assists department staff and personnel in the implementation of innovative technologies and customer tools; catalogs, classifies, maintains, and updates the library collection on a regular basis.
• Assists with various IT inquiries and concerns and demonstrates a strong understanding of all library systems.
• Assists with the implementation of ongoing library services, programs, marketing, and distribution of information; develops special programming, activities, special events and other services to serve the community.
• Monitors, tracks, and records the success of various library programs; maintains accurate and reliable statistics and documents.
• Contributes to Library collection development and the addition of new resources; weeds materials, assists with suggestions, and performs ordering and follow-up tasks.
• Provides professional project management and event planning for various library events; coordinates brochures, prepares publicity, and ensures the dissemination of program and event information.
• Attends and contributes to various meetings, seminars, and conferences and serves on committees; represents the library on outside committees.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of –
• Principles of library management including cataloguing and integrated library systems
• Public library systems, services, and programs.
• Communications, trends, social media, marketing, and technology.
• Computer skills including design, programs, and spreadsheets.
• Library policies and procedures.
• Research techniques, sources, and availability of information.
• MARC computer language coding and cataloguing conventions.
• Reporting methods and data delivery.
• Project management.
• Personnel and volunteer supervision and management.
• Customer service principles.
Skill in –
• Developing, implementing, and monitoring contemporary library programs and services
• Cataloguing and referencing all library materials.
• Establishing and maintaining strong and professional relationships.
• Coordinating and organizing library programs and services.
• Analyzing and compiling data regarding program success.
• Personnel management.
• Operating a computer and software and various library systems.
• Conflict resolution.
Licenses or Certifications:
A valid State driver's license is required.
Education and Experience:
Master's Degree in Library Services or Library & Information Sciences AND two (2) years of professional library experience, and one (1) year of customer service experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Physical address where the job position is located.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.myclearwater.com