You Belong HERE!
Offering more than 100 certificate, associate and bachelor’s degree programs, Daytona State College (DSC) has responded to the education and workforce training needs in our region for more than 60 years. The college enrolls nearly 25,000 students annually at its seven instructional sites, with graduates serving in critical fields including health care, emergency services, business, education, hospitality, engineering, technology and more.
DSC is consistently ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. The online Nursing and Engineering Technology degrees are ranked as the No. 1 most affordable programs of their kind, Study.com lists DSC as one of Florida’s Top Online Colleges and Schools, covering all accredited universities and colleges in the state, and our Elementary Education Teacher Prep Program was recently ranked among the best in the country by the National Council on Teacher Quality. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has ranked DSC among the top 50 most affordable public four-year institutions in the country, with tuition that is less than half the national average. And for three years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has ranked DSC among its Top Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. DSC is a student-centered institution committed to open access, excellence in teaching and learning, and, foremost, student success. The College offers a full range of social and cultural activities that include our internationally recognized Southeast Museum of Photography, a state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic facility, an athletic program with 10 varsity sports, and a performing arts center that hosts theatrical, musical and dance productions throughout the year. Admission to most of these events is free for DSC employees.
We currently have an opportunity to join our team of talented and diverse Staff as an Innovative Reference and Instruction Librarian
Rewards package, features:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Free wellness membership at our Lemerand Center
- Education Reimbursement and Professional development opportunities
- Coordinate Reference and Instruction services including Guidelines & procedures/Reporting
- Teach in-person and virtual information literacy to students, faculty, and staff of Daytona State College, Develop information literacy curriculum. Develop instructional support materials.
- Provide all patrons with in-person and virtual research assistance. Embed in selected courses as required.
- Lead Instructor LIS 2004
- Maintain and apply current understanding of issues and trends in Reference & Information Literacy
- Provide support for Technical Services functions
- Serve as liaison for college-wide curriculum development committees/activities
- Coordinate Library Marketing and Outreach Activities
- Coordinate Library Social Media Presence
- Contribute to collection development activities including collection analysis, material recommendations, and deselection processes.
- Provide support of all circulation functions including Interlibrary Loan and reserves.
- Engage in ongoing research, development, and implementation of new methods and technologies for improving library service functions.
- Provide support of administrative functions including planning, budgeting, and statistical reporting of library functions.
- Supervise staff as assigned.
- Engage in appropriate professional development and college service activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The successful candidate must have a general knowledge of all areas of librarianship. The successful candidate will provide administrative, supervisory and managerial support for library functions and personnel as assigned. He/she must have the ability to effectively teach library research skills including internet and database search strategy and provide high quality reference and other services to all library users. He/she must have the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment, take initiative, be self-directed, and committed to innovation and creativity. Preferred experience with the following computer applications: Alma/Primo VE Integrated Library System (ILS), D2L Learning Management Systems (LMS), Open Athens, and OCLC.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application at www.DaytonaState.edu/hr. Applicants may also upload his/her cover letter, resume and transcripts of all degrees and coursework. Application must include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If formal education occurred at an international institution, a copy of the degree evaluation must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. Candidates will not be considered if copies of transcripts (and / or third party evaluations) are not furnished by the position closing date. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Physical address where the job position is located.