This is an OPS Librarian position within the Division of Library & Information Services/Bureau of Library & Network Services/State Library to organize, catalog, and process library materials so patrons have access to the State Library collections
• Performs complex original and copy cataloging of library materials in all formats for the library’s collections using automated library systems. Copy cataloging, and original cataloging records, will be created using OCLC Connexion. Records will adhere to AACR2, RDA, and MARC cataloging standards. The State Library of Florida’s material is mostly classified using the Dewey Decimal System and Library of Congress Subject Headings. The Library’s catalog is maintained using SirsiDynix’s WorkFlows.
• Maintains bibliographic, serial and authority records in the library’s catalog as well as processes material and serial check-ins for library collections.
• Helps prepare material for bindery shipments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree in library science, or other related program, from a program accredited by the American Library Association.
• At least one (1) year of library experience
• Strong technology skills including Microsoft Office products and automated library systems
• At least one (1) year cataloging experience
• Knowledge of rules and procedures for bibliographic control
• Knowledge of rules and principles for organizing, cataloging, maintaining, and providing access to library systems
• Original cataloging experience
Qualifications must be clearly supported in your employment history.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work activities.
• Ability to work with a variety of computer applications and automated library systems.
• Ability to perform extended data entry, lift and process boxes of books that may weigh up to 20 pounds, bend and reach to shelve materials, climb and descend stairs.
• Willingness to push loaded book trucks.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Angela Jones at Angela.Jones@dos.myflorida.com