Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Reference and Instruction Librarian.
The Reference and Instruction Librarian leads the development, promotion and provision of Information Literacy instruction throughout the curriculum; provides reference and research assistance to students; works closely with the faculty to provide content and research assistance for their courses, and participates in the positioning of the library as a strategic asset to the teaching and learning goals of Lynn University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with our other Reference and Instruction Librarian, this position helps to coordinate the library's Information Literacy Instruction program
- Delivers instruction in-person and online (synchronous & asynchronous) using best practices for learning, teaching, and information literacy
- Closely collaborate with faculty, librarians and other university personnel to achieve information literacy learning outcomes in demonstrable ways
- Develops and manages library component of student and faculty orientation programs
- Promotes student success and retention through advocacy of library services and resources
- Participates in the assessment of student learning and evaluation of the overall effectiveness of our instructional services
- Develops and provides instructional modules using online resources
- Functions as the library's liaison to college departments and subject areas
- Assists faculty in integrating library resources with online and face-to-face classes
- Provides reference services whenever necessary, on-call, by appointment, and via email, chat, and text
- Provides individual consulting services for students and faculty
Other duties and responsibilities
- Evaluates print and electronic reference materials
- Stays abreast of innovations and best practices in higher education, librarianship, and emerging technologies through professional literature and conferences
- Serves on university committees and teams as required / appropriate
- Participates in the Lynn University Academic Council meetings
- Participates in regional and statewide consortia including SEFLIN and ICUF
- Assists in the development and documentation of library policies and procedures
- Partners with faculty, staff and students, as well as the broader community, giving guidance and instruction on library collections and services
- Provides reference assistance and research help to students
- Participates in ongoing strategic planning and positioning of the library in the center of Lynn's priorities for teaching and learning
- Participates in collection development activities
- Serves as a backup for other library staff and/or the director in their absence
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
- Performs other duties as required
Note: Please submit a cover letter in addition to your resume/CV.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, email@example.com, or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
Physical address where the job position is located.