Library Systems & Services, LLC (LS&S) is seeking friendly, enthusiastic, and service oriented Library Associate(s) for the Sumter County Library System located in Central Florida. The five Branch locations are; Bushnell Public Library, E.C. Rowell Public Library, Panasoffkee Community Library, The Villages Public Library at Belvedere, and The Villages Public Library at Pinellas Plaza.
Even traditional services are available with a technological twist. The new Library2Go! app allows customers to browse the catalog, reserve resources, and check-out books on their personal devices. And for the really creative, a Green Scene kit lets customers make a video and replace its background with another image, making Sumter County Libraries powerhouses of learning in the digital age.
This Library Associate(s) is an entry level position, full time opportunity. Under direction from management, the Library Associate 2 performs a variety of moderately complex technical and paraprofessional duties in support of various sections/functions of the library; primarily at the circulation desk. Provides customer service to library patrons.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Provides customer service by welcoming and registering patrons, issuing library cards, checking out materials and managing patron accounts
• Assists patrons with locating materials or the reference desk, using computers, or explaining procedures (checking out, logging onto the Internet, making copies, etc.)
• Checks in and processes library materials as necessary
• Accepts and processes fines, fees, or other payments
• Provides information regarding programs, events, conference rooms, etc.
• Mails library materials as necessary for patron homebound programs
• Shelves library materials
• Addresses or escalates patron conduct or safety issues to appropriate management
• Know and understand the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
• Other duties as assigned
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• Two years of library experience preferred
• Basic knowledge of library systems and databases preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Multilingual speaking a plus
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include a combination of days, evenings and weekends
LS&S is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Physical address where the job position is located.