Come work in our recently renovated building with staff who truly work as a team. Schedule will be five, 5-hour shifts and include Friday and Saturday. Performs responsible public service and clerical work using standard technologies in the public library; assists library patrons in the use of collections, equipment, and online resources; interprets library policies for patrons; participates in library programming, collection maintenance, and staff training opportunities. Work is performed under regular supervision of a professional Librarian.
|Performs circulation transactions; shelves books; assists patrons with basic informational needs; provides basic support in computer use and troubleshooting.
(The following tasks are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
• Checks books and other library materials in and out for patrons using the automated system
• Collects fines, lost item payment, etc. using automated systems
• Processes new patron registrations
• Assists patrons in computer/Internet use and related technologies; including basic troubleshooting
• Shelves new and returned books and other materials; completes shelf-reading as assigned
• Provides patron assistance with various media formats and devices
• Answers basic information queries; makes referrals as appropriate
• Takes telephone calls; responds to queries efficiently and thoroughly
• Participates in Library’s daily opening and closing procedures
• Maintains routine clerical accounting records
• Ensures that quality customer standards are met in service delivery transactions
• Participates in Library programming as assigned
• Attends scheduled staff meetings as scheduling permits
• Takes advantage of training/staff development opportunities, as appropriate
• Special tasks, as assigned
Graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent. Experience in data entry, operation of computers, other office machines, dealing with the public, and record keeping or a combination of education and experience which meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Work experience in a library setting preferred.
|Knowledge of policies, procedures, common practices relevant to the Library. Operational understanding of Library Management System, public computers, and other technologies of a public library; ability to learn new library tasks and prescribed routines; ability to perform relevant clerical and record keeping tasks; ability to operate office equipment and technologies existing or introduced into the Library workplace; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, including City-mandated forms and skills training; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and library patrons.|
Physical address where the job position is located.