Under general direction, the Senior Staff Assistant performs a wide range of highly-skilled administrative and clerical skills for various departments and situations within the city. Provides secretarial work and assistance for department heads.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Functions: -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assists, supports, and facilitates the success of an assigned division through professional administrative and clerical work; serves a specific division head or department director.
• Types, transcribes, and takes dictation for letters, statements, reports, minutes, and other materials; types forms, reports, applications, examinations, and other materials from copy or rough draft.
• Maintains, organizes, and stores files of high volume and variety; handles documents, reports, and information from designated area or department according to standards and regulations.
• Composes routine correspondence and special materials from instructions; works with various individuals to meet the clerical needs of the department or area.
• Develops, creates, and prepares various professional materials needed for assigned department and objectives.
• Prepares and types reports according to established methods; handles payroll documents, vendor contracts, applications, permits, and other clerical information.
• Compiles, gathers, and prepares financial, statistical, or other specialized data pertinent to the operation of a department or unit.
• Operates a personal computer and related software including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheets, and electronic mail.
• Answers the telephone and/or greets the public, responds to inquiries, complaints, and requests, and provides information and assistance to the public or other municipal employees as related to department operations and procedures.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of budgets, payrolls, cost, and other data.
• Performs a variety of functions within an organizational unit requiring knowledge of department policies and procedures and interpretation of administrative decisions.
• Based on area of assignment, may be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll.
• Based on area of assignment, may serve as contact on day-to-day administrative issues associated with the P-card.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses, Certifications, and Equipment:
A valid State driver's license is required.
This position is required to operate the below equipment, machines, tools, and other work aides:
Fax, copier, scanner, phone, personal computer, related software, and other equipment as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma, High School Equivalency Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate PLUS six (6) months of vocational training, supplemented by two (2) years of responsible office staff support work; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Knowledge of –
• Business English, spelling, and arithmetic
• Office practices, procedures, and equipment
• Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods, and records
• General office policies and procedures; computers and general office equipment
• Customer service principles
Skill in –
• Organizing work and setting priorities to meet deadlines
• Completing tasks given both orally and in writing
• Performing general office and clerical work
• Make arithmetic computations quickly and accurately
• Establishing and maintaining strong office relationships
• Transcribing and taking dictation
• Operating a computer
Physical address where the job position is located.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.myclearwater.com