Minimum Qualifications: A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Library and Information Science by the American Library Association with six (6) years progressively responsible experience in public libraries, including four (4) years of supervisory experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working, leading and coaching in a team environment preferred.
- Advanced interpersonal skills with ability to lead and mentor others within a busy, evolving customer service environment.
- Knowledge of public library and organizational practices; ability to translate knowledge to operational and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong project management skills; ability to complete complex and challenging assignments.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills; ability to represent Sarasota County Government and department to individual external and internal customers, co-workers, diverse stakeholder groups, large audiences, media reps, community partners and others.
- Knowledge of change management practices; ability to coordinate, communicate about and implement change.
- Skill in using advanced software applications; knowledge of computer hardware basics, office and multi-media equipment; ability to demonstrate and teach others to use the information resources and tools in various formats.
Subject to Passing Substance Screening: This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five (5) years.
About Everything Else
Pay: $71,489.60 - $96,366.40
This Posting is currently Open Until Filled
- Enjoy great benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Florida Retirement System (FRS) and many, many more!
- For more information about employee benefits, please click this link or visit SCGov.net for additional information.
- Utilize our award-winning wellness program including free gyms and classes at multiple Sarasota County Government locations.
- Enjoy 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days and 16 paid vacation days in the first year of full-time employment with increasing accrual rates with years of service. (That adds up to a possible 30 days off in your 1st year!)
A different blend of voices prompt better conversations, choices and results for everyone. Sarasota County – Many Voices, One Team.
Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are the keys to serving, representing and understanding our community. We celebrate and value the experiences, backgrounds, perspectives, talents and strengths that make us different and are committed to creating a culture of understanding and respect where our employees realize that we are stronger together.
Our vision is to have a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that attracts, develops, retains and engages a talented workforce broadly representative of the citizens and communities we serve. To further value creativity, innovation, collaboration and great customer service – internally and externally.
Sarasota County Government promotes diversity and inclusion in its workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identification or expression, genetic information, religion, national origin, marital status, age or disability. A job applicant with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to participate in the application/selection process is requested to make known the need for an accommodation to Human Resources or appropriate county staff members. For assistance with the application, please call 941-861-5353.
Government employers are drug-free and tobacco-free environments, EEO/AA/ADA employers, and they prohibit discrimination in all services, programs or activities.
Sarasota County Government is a Tobacco-Free/Drug-Free Workplace.
Physical address where the job position is located.