Job: ILS and Cataloging Manager
Go back to All Jobs
- ILS and Cataloging Manager
- Number position available:
- $60,000 - $80,000 annually
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Lee County Library System is offering candidates the opportunity to become a part of our dedicated team at Library Processing. As Integrated Library System (ILS) and Cataloging Manager, you will be the system administrator for the ILS, oversee systemwide ILS training, and the Cataloging Department. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, team-oriented, flexible, and able to interact positively with library staff and vendors. The ability to handle situations with confidence and a good attitude is essential.
Staff at Library Processing, adjacent to the East County Regional Library in Lehigh Acres, provides centralized technical services such as the selection, ordering, cataloging, and processing of materials, administration of the library's ILS (Polaris), Interlibrary Loan, and the transfer of library materials to our branches. In Fiscal Year 2020-21, the Library Processing staff prepared and sent more than 140,000 items to library locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises a team of four including the Cataloging Librarian, two Library Associates, and the ILS Training and Support Librarian.
- Serves as System Administrator and point of contact for the library's Integrated Library System. Oversees database maintenance and upgrades to the ILS. Directs the development and implementation of staff ILS training.
- Manages all aspects of cataloging, including quality control measures, the importing of outsourced records, withdrawal of cataloging records, and the application of professional cataloging standards.
- Works with vendors for cataloging and electronic ordering specifications.
- Manages the integrations between the ILS and other third-party systems, including automated materials handling (AMH) systems, self-checks, RFID pads, security gates, web catalog, interlibrary loan and materials recovery.
- Compiles statistics from the ILS. Assists with reporting for system-wide initiatives and changes, recommending solutions or courses of action.
- Coordinates inventory of materials.
- Leads the circulation roundtable meetings, providing guidance on ILS functions and policy.
- Collaborates on OPAC configuration and settings. Keeps abreast of new developments regarding presentation of data and discovery layers for public view.
- Provides excellent and timely internal customer service, responding to employee questions, concerns, and help requests.
- Pursues professional development through participation in the Innovative Users Group and Idea Lab, attending conferences, and staying current on training, trends, and developments for public libraries, cataloging, and ILS systems administration.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master's Degree in Library or Information Science from a graduate library school program accredited by the American Library Association or a closely related field.
- Requires two years of professional librarianship.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record is required.
- Prefer three or more years of in-depth working experience with an Integrated Library System.
- Prefer working knowledge and application of SOL.
- Prefer two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Prefer three or more years of customer service experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Prefer public library experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, are preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team is essential.
- Ability to bend, stretch, sit, and stand for long periods of time.
- The County may require employees to make either a temporary, or long-term, permanent transfer to another library location to accommodate the organization's business needs.
- This position requires 80 hours bi-weekly; hours and days will vary to include evenings, Saturdays, and some Sundays.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Library Processing Center
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 881 Gunnery Road; Suite 2
- Lehigh Acres
- Institution Name :
- Lee County Library System
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Debbie West
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Lee County is an equal opportunity and at-will employer, Veteran's Preference may apply. Apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/leecounty or in person at Lee County Human Resources, 1825 Hendry Street, 2nd Floor, Fort Myers, FL 33902. You may mail your application to Human Resources at PO Box 398, Ft. Myers, FL 33902. Your application must be received in Human Resources BEFORE the posting closes. If Human Resources does not receive your application BEFORE the posting closes, we will NOT be able to consider you for the position and your application will NOT be processed.