Come join us! Consider bringing your talents to a vibrant, fiscally stable library system that will support your innovative ideas and help advance your professional skills. We invite you to apply.
Training and professional development of employees in various topics or skills. This includes the preparation of lesson plans and other materials to be used in conducting training, scheduling and coordinating various workshops, classes or seminars, conducting training in a variety of settings and/or facilitating a variety of meetings or seminars.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customer and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Surveys library personnel and reviews policy, methods and procedures to determine training needs.
- Prepares or collects information and materials to be used in conducting and/or facilitating training, meetings or seminars for library personnel, including lesson plans, training guides, participant manuals, videos, slides and other materials.
- Implements training courses for library personnel, to include establishing training goals and objectives, to maximize student acquisition and retention of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Conducts classroom or other types of training for library personnel using adult education and training principles and techniques; evaluates results and makes changes or adjustments as needed.
- Reviews, evaluates and recommends modifications to training course content to ensure the effective and up‐to‐date delivery of training material.
- Assists with writing lesson plans, curriculum, handouts and other training materials for library personnel.
- Instructs in one or more technical or specialized fields.
- Coordinates and acts as liaison with other County departments, higher learning centers, training institutes and individuals to develop training material and ensure the delivery of quality training.
- Schedules and coordinates training classes, workshops, seminars, conferences or meetings.
- Maintains records, files and a library of training courses, registrations, course attendance, materials, and other information.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of adult education principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of classroom and on‐the‐job training principles.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment and materials used in conducting training.
- Ability to conduct classroom training, workshops or seminars; to use video, audio and other types of equipment to present training.
- Ability to gather information to use in developing training courses.
- Ability to communicate effectively; to use small group facilitation tools; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of applicable training standards, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable subject matter current trends and developments.
- Knowledge of the operations of the unit to which assigned.
- Ability to develop training courses that achieve library training objectives.
- Ability to organize and coordinate training activities with other organizations and individuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- This job is performed in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Light Work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
In the event of an emergency or disaster, an employee may be required to respond promptly to duties and responsibilities as assigned by the employee's department, the County's Office of Emergency Management, or County Administration. Such assignments may be for before, during or after the emergency/disaster.
Additional Job Requirements
A department, depending on the nature of its mission and operations, may require employees in all or certain positions in this job classification to:
- Maintain the ability to pass the background checks required for the position. These background checks may include but are not limited to:
- Criminal History Background check using Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS)
- Level 1 and Level 2 background screening (Ch. 435 Florida Statutes)
- Child Abuse, Abandonment and Neglect Record Check using the State Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS)
- Sex Offender and Sexual Predator record check using the list maintained by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
- Possess the necessary job related license(s) or certification(s) that may include possession of a Florida Driver's License (Class E) or an applicable Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Job: Training Specialist.N.Human
Organization: CAD-LS-Library Services
Physical address where the job position is located.