This position oversees all internal and external communications strategies, ensuring consistent and engaging communication from SEFLIN. This position develops and implements annual communications and social media plans and serves as SEFLIN’s in-house graphic designer and web developer. It assists with preparation, formatting and distribution of various marketing documents/publications and creates, maintains, and updates SEFLINs email lists. The Manager of Communications assists SEFLIN registrants in all aspects of attending SEFLIN planned events; including but not limited to registration, login, and downloads of recorded events. This position supports all SEFLIN staff in the preparation, organization and distribution of training and meeting materials.
Manages and implements annual communications, marketing & social media plans.
· Develop and implement annual communications, marketing & social media plan
· Manage SEFLIN’s social media presence; create and share engaging content
· Assist with communications to and with member libraries, SEFLIN committees, and SEFLIN partners
· Develop & manage production procedures and scheduling for SEFLIN publications and social media
· Promote SEFLIN’s services and resources through a mix of media formats
· Produce and send out press releases on behalf of SEFLIN
· Ensure that all materials are in compliance with IMLS and Florida DLIS guidelines, as appropriate
· Maintains and develops SEFLIN’s websites including: floridalibraryjobs.org and seflin.org.
· Creates engaging logos and graphic design to promote SEFLIN activities
Supports SEFLIN’s continuing education program.
· Assist participants by providing registration assistance or attendance information
· Support SEFLIN member services as assigned
Perform all other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or communications OR a Bachelor’s degree in any field and relevant experience and demonstrable skills
· Master’s degree in Library and Information Science and/or experience working in a library environment preferred
· Two+ years of related experience preferred
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• Demonstrated experience in project management
• Demonstrated web development experience
• Demonstrated graphic design ability
• Knowledge of social media trends and engagement strategy
• Demonstrated skills for innovative thinking and creativity in planning, implementing, and evaluating services
• Demonstrated excellence in office productivity computer skills including proficiencies in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite applications
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written, and oral skills is required
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of teams
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License
Physical address where the job position is located.
To apply, vist: https://seflin.alphastaff-hiring.com/job/407957/communications-manager