This position combines departmental administrative duties with management of digital projects in the College Archives and the Eckerd Scholar Institutional Repository. The Administrative Assistant to the Library is responsible for the organization and maintenance of office support for the Director of Library Services, Library Faculty, and Library Staff. The assistant serves as the point of contact for the Director of Library Services, office manager, and bookkeeper for the library. Archives responsibilities include working closely with the College Archivist and the Electronic Resources Librarian on digitization projects and the maintenance of the library’s institutional repository.
The ideal candidate will have excellent skills in written and oral communication, and experience with digitization, desktop publishing, scheduling, event planning, office organization, spreadsheets and word processing. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle diverse assignments in a fast-paced environment are necessary.
Departmental Administrative Responsibilities:
● Budget Manager of the Library
○ Keep ledgers for all account lines.
○ Responsible for reimbursements, invoice payments, account transfers, cash advances.
○ Keep the Director of Library Services updated on budget activity.
○ Use Banner and A2B systems for reporting purposes.
○ Attend bi-monthly meetings of the Collections Team.
● Office Management
○ Maintains administrative files, reports, and correspondence.
○ Develops procedures and forms.
○ Purchasing and maintaining office supplies and equipment.
○ Report building issues to Facilities and serve as the primary contact for facilities staff.
○ Use the Google and Astra calendars for space scheduling.
○ Serve as a library safety contact attending meetings and training and communicating procedures to library staff.
○ Updating Emergency Services Plan annually.
○ Scheduling appointments
● Assistant to the Director of Library Services and the Library Faculty
○ Handles correspondence for the Director and the Library Faculty.
○ Prepares minutes for departmental meetings as assigned, i.e. Librarian Meetings, Library Committee meetings, workshops, and focus groups, etc.
○ Assists librarians in setting operations calendars.
○ Handles travel reimbursements and, makes travel arrangements.
○ Assists with event planning.
○ Assists with library related surveys and focus groups.
○ Assists with compiling statistics for reports and surveys on library use, e-resources, and web platforms.
○ Provides support for the library service desk as needed.
● Maintenance and support for the Eckerd College Archives, including the organization and development of finding aids for archival collections, and activities to support the collection, preservation, and maintenance of archival materials in accordance with best practices in special collections and archives.
● Assist with management of Faculty Profiles and collections in undergraduate research in the Eckerd Scholar Institutional Repository
● Support digitization of the college’s archival materials for inclusion in the platform, Alma Digital Collections
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed upon entry into the position)
● Above average computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google suite, Canva, and other online platforms.
● Experience with bookkeeping.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Knowledge of office equipment: Printers, Scanners, Computers
● Ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, students, and the public.
● Ability to use good judgment in identifying and dealing with problems.
● Ability to set daily and long range work priorities.
● Attention to detail.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education (training / experience)
● High School Diploma –required (College or Associate's degree preferred)
Physical address where the job position is located.
Applications will be accepted on the website only.