• Manage the DeLand campus Library. Teach in-person and virtual information literacy to students, faculty, and staff of Daytona State College, Develop information literacy curriculum. Develop instructional support materials.
• Provide all patrons with in-person and virtual research assistance. Embed in selected courses as required.
• Contribute to collection development activities including collection analysis, material recommendations, and deselection processes.
• Provide support of all circulation functions including Interlibrary Loan and reserves.
• Provide support of all technical service functions including cataloging, processing, serials, and inventory.
• Engage in ongoing research, development, and implementation of new methods and technologies for improving library service functions.
• Provide support of all marketing and outreach activities.
• Provide support of administrative functions including planning, budgeting, and statistical reporting of library functions.
• Supervise staff as assigned. • Engage in appropriate professional development and college service activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The successful candidate must have a general knowledge of all areas of librarianship. The successful candidate will provide administrative, supervisory and managerial support for library functions and personnel as assigned. He/she must have the ability to effectively teach library research skills including internet and database search strategy and provide high quality reference and other services to all library users. He/she must have the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment, take initiative, be self-directed, and committed to innovation and creativity. Preferred experience with the following computer applications: Alma/Primo VE Integrated Library System (ILS), D2L Learning Management Systems (LMS), Open Athens, and OCLC.
Required Qualifications: This position requires a master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program in Information Studies, or a related field. In addition, one (1) year of academic librarianship with supervisory experience is required.
Physical address where the job position is located.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application at www.DaytonaState.edu/hr. Applicants may also upload his/her cover letter, resume and transcripts of all degrees and coursework. Application must include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If formal education occurred at an international institution, a copy of the degree evaluation must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. Candidates will not be considered if copies of transcripts (and / or third party evaluations) are not furnished by the position closing date. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks are required.
For more information, please contact us at 386.506.4505 or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu.
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process. To request accommodations, contact 386.506.4505.
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site http://www.daytonastate.edu/hr/equalaccess.html or contact Lonnie Thompson, Director of Equity, Inclusion and Title IX at 386-506-3973 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER