Performs administrative, circulation, reserve, acquisitions, bibliographic and reference functions in the Sound & Image department. Maintains computer files, desk services and employment of student workers. Processes media software and manages streaming media files.
· Assists the Diaz Ayala Cuban and Latin American Popular Music Collection Archivist on projects, and serves as backup to assist visitors to the Collection when the Archivist is not available.
· Coordinates and processes circulation of materials to facilities on and off campus. Intercampus and Interlibrary Loan requests. Coordinates circulation for students, faculty and staff through the circulation module of ALMA (library system). Assists with customer service operations at the Sound and Image Resources desk when needed.
· Coordinates and processes materials to be placed on reserves for faculty classroom instructional support in accordance with work flow procedures, copyright law and library policies. Works with counterpart at the BBC library to ensure standardization of service and operations. Maintains and updates reserves online.
· Maintains computer-based files. Maintains inter-campus and interlibrary loan files and other general office files. Helps maintain integrity of the online catalog. Helps implement and sustain other digital information systems.
· Coordinates and processes media software: DVD, VHS, CDS, LPS, books on tape and CD and CD-ROMs. Manages streaming media files.
· Trains and supervises temporary and FWS student assistants. Schedules circulation desk coverage. Approves student timesheet. Assist with hiring and termination processes. Assist with monitoring and managing the FWS budget.
· Researches materials for collection development, replacement and withdrawal.
· Instructs patrons in the selection and use of the AV collections. Assists and instructs patrons in the use of the catalog and/or other library systems. Assists and instructs patrons in the use of the art slide and digital collections.
· Performs a daily tour of the premises to make sure equipment, lights, etc. are working properly.
· Advises and counsels students and faculty in the use of AV materials. Assists and instructs patrons in the operations of AV equipment. Demonstrates and instructs patrons on the use of the online access catalog. Assists and instructs patrons in the use of reserve materials. Coordinates with other departments within the University for use of all AV facilities.
High school diploma or GED and two (2) years of related experience.
Physical address where the job position is located.