- Library Director
- Number position available:
- 66,000.00-82500.00 / Annually
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Under executive direction from the Leisure Services Department Director, the purpose of the position is to administer all operations of the Library, including budget, personnel, planning, and evaluation. Employee in this classification functions in an executive capacity and is responsible for directing all activities associated with the library/academic cooperative established between the City of Wilton Manors and the other public library institutions. Position is accountable for ensuring technical, electronic, and instructional support services for all levels of Library staff. Work includes exercising control over the development and implementation of the Library budget, personnel policies and procedures, facilities maintenance, and equipment. Performs related work as directed.
Examples of Duties
Because it is difficult if not impossible to present a finite list of every possible function to be performed by employee, the City of Wilton Manors reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify and update this job description and to ask employee to perform tasks beyond the duties presented herein. In the event a change is necessary to update the essential functions of the job, the City will provide as much notice as practicable to the employee.
- Develops, interprets, and implements Library policies and programs; plans, organizes and implements departmental goals and objectives to promote public information access and the growth and acquisition of Library collections.
- Coordinates and integrates all activities toward achievement of established goals and objectives; develops and implements departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervises library activities, and special events. Schedules library personnel and serves as the liaison with the Friends of the Library, Library Advisory Board and related partners.
- Develops, implements, and controls library budget; ensures all functions and programs under charge are performed with established budgetary parameters, to include performing cost-control activities, monitoring revenues and expenditures, and ensuring sound fiscal control.
- Ensures the development and implementation of appropriate training strategies for all staff.
- Ensures professional librarian services are provided to patrons which are designed and implemented to meet the needs and interests of the community.
- Applies annually for State Aid grant and related alternative funding to support library programs, amenities and services.
- Applies professional library science principles and procedures to functional areas; e.g., database maintenance, reference systems, inter-library loan program, and circulation desk.
- Develops, implements, and reviews established standards and guidelines regarding Library collections, inventory, and acquisition policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with various departments and other public library directors to promote
- Maintains positive public relations through communication and promotion of the Library’s values, services, accomplishments, and needs to all stakeholders.
- Performs related work as needed.
Any combination of training and experience which would provide required knowledge, skills, and abilities are qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Master’s Degree in Library Science or related field; supplemented by five (5) years progressively knowledgeable and responsible experience in the management of Library educational and informational systems and standard library/learning resource center operations, and budget management; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Seven (7) years of increasingly responsible public library experience, three (3) of which must have been in a managerial capacity.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Richard C. Sullivan Public Library
- Job Location:
- Southeast Florida
- 500 NE 26th St.
- Wilton Manors
- Institution Name :
- City of Wilton Manors
- 2020 Wilton Dr.
- Wilton Manors
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Use the online Help Guide or contact the Applicants Support Line at 855-524-5627 or Email: email@example.com if you need assistance with your online applicant account. Applicant Support is available between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
For other inquiries, please contact the Human Resources Department at (954) 390-2107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Wilton Manors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, or political beliefs. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Wilton Manors will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.