The USF Libraries serve the University of South Florida, with campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota-Manatee. In 1960, USF’s founding president, John Allen, referred to the Library as “the heart of the University,” and we pride ourselves on continuing to be at the center of a highly engaged university community today.
Our collective mission is to inspire research, creativity, and learning, partnering with students and globally recognized faculty to produce meaningful, impactful research. Together, we aim to provide the freedom and resources to create a vision for the future.
POSITION AVAILABLE: E-Resources Metadata Librarian, Tampa campus
The University of South Florida Libraries Tampa Campus is seeking an energetic, well organized and enthusiastic individual to serve as Electronic Resources Metadata Librarian. Reporting to the Associate Director of Collections & Discovery this individual will coordinate all aspects of electronic resources metadata management for the library catalog. The successful candidate is expected to engage in research, publication, and presentation and must work actively toward promotion. This is a 12-month, non-tenure-track library faculty position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Supervise 1.0 FTE electronic resource metadata staff.
· Coordinate and manage the Ebooks for the Classroom+ metadata project.
· Provide quality control for electronic resources in the catalog.
· Develop and maintain electronic resource cataloging workflows.
· Manage ebooks and streaming media resources in the library catalog.
· Track and maintain ebook collection subscriptions, purchases and evidence based/patron driven acquisition (EBA/PDA) programs.
· Perform batch loading processes for electronic resources in the library catalog.
· Manipulate MARC and KBART files, create and maintain import profiles, and perform global updates.
· Work collaboratively with eresource librarians to manage electronic resources in the catalog.
· Perform original and copy cataloging of electronic resources.
· Compile electronic resource cataloging statistics.
· Maintain an active program of professional development, scholarship, and service in areas of relevant expertise. Engage in research and peer reviewed publications as required for promotion.
· ALA accredited master’s degree in Library and Information Science by anticipated start date.
· Demonstrated knowledge of metadata and EBA/PDA program management.
· Demonstrated ability to administer and coordinate projects and personnel in a team environment.
· Evidence of the ability to engage in scholarship and/or creative achievements as required for promotion.
· Three years’ experience working in an academic library setting.
· Experience with cataloging electronic resources, and metadata management including administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and tracking of electronic resources in an academic library.
· Working knowledge of Ex Libris Alma and Primo VE.
· Demonstrated initiative in fostering new ideas and implementing change.
· Supervisory/management experience.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
· Working knowledge of metadata processing and transformation tools such as MarcEdit and OpenRefine.
Compensation and academic rank commensurate with experience.
Applications must be submitted through the Careers@USF website, Job ID 29788 and include a cover letter and CV. Please go to www.lib.usf.edu/employment for more information. We are open to all levels of excellence. USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
Masters of Library and Information Science
Physical address where the job position is located.
Apply at www.lib.usf.edu/employment for job post 29788. Please include a CV and Cover letter.