Job: Librarian - Faculty
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian - Faculty
- Number position available:
- $49,525 - $73,298 (Commensurate with experience)
- Job Category:
- Reference & Public Services
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Broward College’s Central Campus in Davie, FL is currently looking to fill two faculty librarian positions. University/ College Library of Broward College seeks highly motivated, outgoing individuals to provide library instruction and reference services in traditional and innovative platforms to students and faculty.
Visit this page for more information about these openings and to apply.
Candidates should be motivated librarians who can address the needs of diverse learners and effectively promote library services and resources to the academic community.
Serve as a subject liaison for one of eight academic pathways.
Support faculty and students in locating, evaluating, and using information effectively to meet individual and classroom teaching and learning goals.
Evaluate, promote, and use existing and emerging technologies to support teaching and learning, supplement library services and resources, and communicate with students and faculty.
This is an 11-month (213-day) faculty position. The work week will be 5-days, including evenings and weekends.
- MLS from an ALA accredited institution.
- Post-MLS academic library reference experience is preferred.
- The successful candidate must have a high level of computer literacy and a commitment to library service to a community of in person and virtual learners and faculty, academic library reference and instruction experience.
- Experience teaching information literacy skills and experience using standard office software and library online tools.
- Experience with joint-use libraries
- Familiar with virtual librarianship
- Experience with integrated library systems
- Experience with collaborative activities with teaching faculty
- Collection development and selection experience for print and online collections
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in reference services and teaching print and online resources in an academic setting.
- Proficiency with various online teaching platforms, software, and academic learning management systems.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends and technologies in academic libraries
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to excellent public service.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Broward College - Central Campus
- Job Location:
- Southeast Florida
- 3501 SW Davie Road
- Address 2:
- Building 17
- Institution Name :
- Broward College
- 111 East Las Olas Blvd
- Fort Lauderdale
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Cristy Moran Search (Committee Co-Chair)
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Special instructions for applicants:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and must be attached to the online application. If unable to attach the documentation, please email document to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 954-201-7612, stating clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All required documentation must be received on or before the job posting end date.
**Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the “Resume/CV/Transcript/License/Certification” section of the application**
Please refer to link with the instructions on how to submit an application with multiple documents. https://www.broward.edu/jobs/_docs/tutorial_external_applicant_broward_college.pdf.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
Broward College uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 Form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.