Broward County, Board of County Commissioners is seeking a qualified candidate who is dynamic, innovative, and passionate about public libraries and providing high quality (SUNsational) public service to a culturally rich and diverse community, for the position of Library Regional Manager at our flagship, Main Library. Additional vacancies may be filled from this recruitment. This position may be assigned to any location within the Libraries Division based on operational needs.
The Libraries Division includes a staff of 600+ employees and a large network of libraries, the Main Library, an African American Research Library and Cultural Center, five Regional Libraries, 29 Community Branches, a digital branch with 24/7 remote access, and partnership facilities with local educational institutions.
The purpose of this position is to perform highly responsible professional work at the administrative level of the library system while supervising and managing public service delivery. This position works under administrative supervision, developing and implementing innovative programs within organizational policies and reports major activities to executive level administrators through conferences and reports. Specifically, this position is one of seven Regional Managers for 36 library locations and is responsible for developing the professional skills and developing partnership activities of the personnel located in their cluster/flagship.
This position also sets the standard for leadership in their cluster/flagship, and is responsible for implementing new benchmarks of excellence in public service delivery and the customer experience. Additionally, as a high-level leader, this position is responsible for creating an environment that embraces outreach and celebrates creativity in reaching communities that are non-traditional library users. Further, this position is a member of multiple internal and external working groups and must have experience successfully working with local volunteer organizations.
The successful candidate for this position must be one who can recognize opportunities to address challenges, communicate with diplomacy and skill to generate support, excitement, and enthusiasm for innovation, while exercising strong change management skills to ensure success in an environment of transformation.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include days, evenings, nights, and weekends
· Master's degree or higher in Education or related field that is separate but relevant from the Minimum Qualifications. (i.e. Public Administration, Social Work, Business Administration).
· ALA Leadership Institute Certificate
· Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute Certificate
· Post Master Certificates in related fields
· Certificate in Library Leadership and Management
· Four (4) or more years' experience in Project Management
· Two (2) or more years' experience in Partnerships
· Two (2) or more years' of Grant Writing Implementation
· Four (4) or more years' experience managing and/or developing a system-wide plan of service for programs and services
Physical address where the job position is located.
How to Apply: www.broward.org/careers
Be advised that during emergency conditions, all County employees are automatically considered emergency service workers. County employees are subject to being called to work in the event of a disaster, such as a hurricane, or other emergency situation and are expected to perform emergency service duties, as assigned.
BROWARD COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROVIDER OF SERVICES