Job: Community Outreach Coordinator
Go back to All Jobs
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Number position available:
- $23.46 hourly
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Under direction, establishes and maintains relationships with community to promote awareness of Library services and programs.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Develops, plans, schedules and coordinates art shows, display case exhibits, community outreach events and in-house tours.
- Receives, processes and documents donations including monetary and in-kind donations; prepares responses; maintains donor and prospect lists.
- Ensures library presence at outreach events to include setup, volunteer recruitment, and breakdown.
- Monitors, updates and develops digital content for web pages and electronic newsletters; publishes communications in accordance with established schedules.
- Develops relationships with businesses, public schools, community organizations and government agencies to identify and partner in programs of mutual interest.
- Coordinates promotions with community partners; works with marketing staff and Library departments to implement, promote and communicate efforts to staff and the public.
- Works with marketing staff to develop, plan, implement, coordinate and manage special program series and events.
- Provides training to Library staff in initiating and performing outreach efforts.
- Enters and maintains data; prepares, submits, and/or summarizes various routine and non-routine reports.
- Coordinates community outreach events and in-house tours and study visits; gives presentations before organizations and groups as needed; attends offsite events at manager’s discretion on behalf of the library.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Maintains accurate records and files related to work performed.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Principles, practices, materials and techniques of community outreach.
- Hardware and software used in the desktop publishing process.
- Techniques and procedures for event management.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Principles and techniques of preparing effective written informational or educational materials.
- Techniques of making effective oral presentations to large and small groups and the broadcast media.
- Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals, in person and over the telephone.
- Assisting with community outreach efforts and programs.
- Assisting with event planning, programs and special projects.
- Using computer-aided desk-top publishing hardware and software.
- Assisting with the preparation and publications of newsletters, reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Under Direction - Assignments and objectives are presented to incumbents at this level and established work processes are to be followed. Incumbents have some flexibility in the selection of work methods, the timing of work processes, and the methods of completing tasks. Supervision is periodic and is usually initiated by employee and/or when important problems, significant changes from past procedures, and policy implications are involved.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone. Work is subject to exposure to electrical currents and shock.
Work is performed in a library setting.
Education and Experience:
Two (2) years of college-level coursework in marketing, communications, or a closely related field; AND two (2) years of program support experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Florida driver’s license.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Orange County Library System
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 101 E. Central Blvd.
- Institution Name :
- Orange County Library System
- 101 E. Central Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Jo Charles
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please visit https://ocls.applicantstack.com/x/openings to apply.