Job Title: Memory Care Outreach Virtual Reality Program Assistant
Again Population Program
Department: Martin County Library
Pay: $15.69/hour + benefits, PTO and holiday pay
Hours: 32 hours per week (days vary Monday through Friday)
CONTRACT with reSOURCE Government Services
Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug testingSUMMARY:
Under general direction of a Division Manager, the person in this position is primarily responsible for coordinating and marketing programs and services to aging populations and assisted living facilities. This includes working with library staff, local professionals, and service organizations to facilitate grant funded programs such as Virtual Reality (VR) Memory Care and Library strategic initiatives like outreach events, drop-off book carts, and book deliveries.*This position will require travel to various local facilities to deliver library programs*We are seeking candidates with the following attributes:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High empathy skills, who preferably have experience working with the aging population.
- Awareness of the challenges of memory or sensory deficiencies would be a plus.
- Comfortable working in a variety of sometimes unpredictable settings.
- Possession of good situation awareness and willing and able to use (we will train) and carry Virtual Reality equipment.
- Comfortable with technology.
- Good oral and written communication skills and proficient with email.
(Note: The listed duties are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function, which may be performed in the job class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: (
- Plan and schedule outreach events to assisted living facilities on a weekly basis.
- Promote library services and events to aging populations, caregivers, and aging service organizations.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with aging service organizations in the community.
- Coordinate with the Volunteer Manager to train and oversee the work of any volunteers who are involved in the programs.
- Supervise volunteers during outreach.
- Maintain program records including location, registration, and attendance.
- Communicate with staff and the Division Manager regarding supply needs and orders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Knowledge of library principles, methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Knowledge of adult literature.
- Knowledge of community activities, interest, needs and resources.
- Knowledge of professional library principles, methods, materials, and practices.
- Knowledge of library resources and search strategies.
- Ability to work independently in a wide variety of situations.
- Able to utilize computer technology and software applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to express ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Able to work a schedule that includes evenings and weekends.