The Macdonald-Kelce Library has a position available for a Cataloging and Metadata Librarian. The Cataloging and Metadata Librarian is a part of a team whose primary assignment is to ensure the quality and accuracy of the Macdonald-Kelce Library’s catalog and digital repository. The Cataloging and Metadata Librarian works to ensure students and faculty have access to all items in the collection regardless of format. In addition, this position participates in collection development of assigned areas and provides reference and occasional bibliographic instruction services for the Library.
1. Performs original and complex copy cataloging for monographs, serials, and materials in all physical and digital formats using national systems and standards, including MARC 21, ACR2, RDA, SUDOC, LCSH, Dublin Core, EAD, MODS, and other metadata schemas as appropriate.
2. Performs authority control and maintenance in both the ILS and digital repository.
3. Updates serials records based on publication change notifications.
4. Develops and manages user-centric automated acquisitions processes and procedures (e.g., PDA/DDA/EBA, etc.)
5. Creates queries to identify areas needing correction, develops plans for addressing problems identified, and tests and performs data clean-up using batch editing and loading tools.
6. Works with others on the design and development of the library’s institutional repository to support preservation of and access to digitized and born-digital content.
7. Participates in strategic planning for the department by developing, documenting and implementing cataloging policies, procedures and workflows.
8. Participates in reference and bibliographic instruction services.
9. Serves as library liaison and shares in collection development activities for designated departments.
10. Maintains a program of continual learning that promotes professional growth and contributes towards the achievement of the library’s organizational mission.
11. Participates in library and faculty governance with teams and committees.
12. Other duties as assigned.
13. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
1. Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited program.
2. Three years’ experience in cataloging, authority control, and e-resource management using OCLC and integrated library systems.
3. Knowledge of MARC 21, AACR2, RDA, SUDOC, LCSH, Dublin Core, EAD, MODS, and other metadata schemas.
4. Experience with batch editing tools such as MarcEdit, bulk import/export, etc.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. Attention to detail.
7. Ability to organize, plan and test job tasks.
8. Positive “make it work” attitude and enthusiasm innovation with excellent initiative and problem-solving skills.
9. Knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
10. Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
1. Experience with ILS conversions and administration.
2. Experience creating name authority records.
3. Experience with reporting tools such as Microsoft Access and Excel.
4. Knowledge of acquisitions functions and processes.
5. Experience providing reference services.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Apply online at https://utampa.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Staff/job/Tampa/Cataloging-and-Metadata-Librarian_R0005616-2
There is an apply button.