Job: Part-time Librarian (10 hours per week) - room for future growth
Go back to All Jobs
- Part-time Librarian (10 hours per week) - room for future growth
- Number position available:
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
COME GROW WITH US!
We are a European fashion college now located in the US. We are growing and are looking for someone who wants to grow along with us. At this point, we need a part-time Librarian, but this position will grow as the college expands. We are located in a beautiful 7 floor building in the Miami Design District. Do you like Project Runway - then we are the place for you! Want more info? Email Melanie Baak at firstname.lastname@example.org
Art and Design Librarian/ Learning Center/Student Support Specialist
Part Time (10 hours per week)
In an academic environment where the arts are increasingly dynamic, evolving, and relevant, the Art and Design Librarian leads efforts to connect people, services, and content to a multifaceted faculty, student body, and community. The successful candidate will be proactive, user-centered and identify opportunities for library engagement with both digital and traditional arts scholarship, exhibitions, and projects, and will lead Istituto Marangoni Miami in creating a wide-ranging support agenda for fashion arts research and scholarship across the University.
The Librarian will promote engagement with the resources to support general education curriculums and infuse the connections between arts and sciences with academic disciplines at the University. The Librarian will be committed to supporting efforts to foster diversity and inclusion in library, university, and professional contexts. The candidate will have a capacity to thrive in a changing work environment and fulfill position expectations as outlined below. This position reports to the Education Director.
Library Essential Responsibilities:
Learning Center/Student Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Champion the library as an intellectual meeting place for programming, content, and inquiry.
- Actively engage and communicate effectively with faculty, students, and staff in areas of curriculum and provide library guides for required, essential and recommended resources. Support the University’s mission statement to develop strong collaborative relationships and deep partnerships.
- Communicate the value of scholarly communication, digital initiatives, the development of new online tools, copyright, data management, affordability, and the integration of information literacy skills into the curriculum and the impact to the learning community.
- Anticipate and respond to users' research and information needs throughout the research lifecycle.
- Develop, manage and monitor starting collection process, develop a department budget, and maintain financial controls for library expenditures across departments, including cost recovery options. Provide oversight of the acquisitions process at all stages.
- Evaluate databases and coordinate and facilitate the procurement process. Manage online services, including evaluation, installation, implementation, and training plans. Monitor terms of contracts and license agreements to assure compliance.
- Market and promote the library through seminars, workshops and training for students, faculty, administration, staff, and community; to maximize effective use of electronic and print research tools and related technologies.
- Supervise and manage the Library as a Learning Center for instructional resources.
- Able to tutor in General Education courses administer and monitor computer based exams.
- Perform administrative duties and tasks as needed on campus.
- Assists students in the use of print materials, equipment and technologies by answering questions, offers basic technical assistance, troubleshoots computer problems, assists in navigating the Internet, locates databases in order to help students use library resources. Locates materials, answers questions, and refers students to outside resources and collections when appropriate in order to provide information services to students.
- Competent both to use and to aid in the use of the technologies and resources available in the Library/ Learning Center.
- Implementing and documenting the use of APA manual within IMM curriculum
About Istituto Marangoni Miami:
With a highly qualified academic team, combining European instructors and prominent local professionals, our design school in Miami offers a variety of fashion programs including a two-year Associate of Arts in Fashion Studies, four-year Bachelor of Arts programs in Fashion Design, Fashion Styling, and Fashion Business, a Master’s in Fashion & Luxury Brand Management, and a number of professional short courses throughout the academic year.
The Design District, one of Miami's most uplifting areas, has risen to worldwide fame as a prime destination for arts, design, and fashion. Once part of Buena Vista and neighboring Wynwood and the Upper East Side areas, the District is now home to over 130 art galleries, high-profile creative and architectural showrooms, luxury fashion houses, antique dealers, restaurants and cafés. As part of this young and exciting community, Istituto Marangoni, one of Miami’s top fashion schools, brings its fashion finesse to emerging trend-minded talents who want to express their creativity while learning key industry skills in its 21,900 square-foot building, a Fashion Design School in the heart of the Miami Design District (MDD). Istituto Marangoni Miami offers students an unprecedented opportunity for innovation, inspiration, and creativity to build a promising future within the fashion and design industry. Optional cross-school study abroad opportunities with Istituto Marangoni’s European campuses are also available and provide an opportunity to learn via flexible credit-based study paths. The fashion school in Florida was carefully designed to meet the specific needs of students, faculty, and staff. Classrooms are equipped with cutting-edge technological and audio-visual devices to provide students with an outstanding educational experience.
- MLS or equivalent degree from an accredited library or information science program/ institution, a minimum of 2 years experience, with at least 5 years on a management level.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with faculty, subject librarians, special collections curators or others to advance innovative arts research and promote integration of visual arts approaches to enrich the curriculum and research.
- Commitment to librarianship, scholarship, and service required criteria to meet University research and literacy requirements.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative a level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
This is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise and employment with Istituto Marangoni -Miami is “at-will”.
Istituto Marangoni – Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion and all other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on grounds of race, color, creed or religion, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disadvantage, or other factors, which cannot lawfully be the basis for an employment decision.
A condition of employment is a favorable background check, which will be conducted upon issuance and acceptance of a job offer. Istituto Marangoni – Miami is responsible for the fees associated with the background check.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Academic Libraries
- Institutional Libraries
- Special Libraries
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Istituto Marangoni Miami
- Job Location:
- Southeast Florida
- 3704 NE 2nd Ave
- Institution Name :
- Istituto Marangoni Miami
- 3704 NE 2nd Ave
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Melanie Baak
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- 305 424 9434
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com