Job: Metadata & Systems Librarian
Go back to All Jobs
- Metadata & Systems Librarian
- Number position available:
- Commensurate with experience
- Job Category:
- Networking & Automation
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
The Florida Institute of Technology Evans Library (lib.fit.edu) seeks an energetic, collaborative, and user-centered professional to serve as the Metadata & Systems Librarian. Reporting to the Dean of Libraries, the Metadata & Systems Librarian maintains high-quality, robust systems that facilitate search, discovery, and delivery of library services and resources to the entire campus. Please include a cover letter and curriculum vitae in your application.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership for and management of library systems, primarily EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS), Koha, Tipasa, EZ Proxy, and DSpace
- Provides leadership, support, and training in metadata creation, maintenance and enhancement for digital collections
- Manages library operations to ensure seamless discovery of information resources through metadata creation, analysis and enrichment. Maintains accurate metadata according to local and national cataloging and metadata standards. Manipulates and transforms data in commonly used bibliographic and descriptive formats for batch loading and analysis
- Works closely with appropriate personnel on system interoperability, functionality, customizations, and upgrades, including working with shared projects and initiatives and contributing to the enhancement and evaluation of the library’s discovery service (EDS)
- Monitors the market regarding implementation of new and emerging library applications and knowledge systems such as next generation library catalogs, aggregated discovery tools, research and collaboration systems, instructional technology, digital archives, and simulation and presentation tools
- Represents Florida Tech as needed at regional and national conferences and meetings
Experience and Education:
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or a graduate degree in a related discipline and relevant experience
- 2-5 years of experience in an academic library
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated ability to solve problems and manage complex workflows, and excellent oral and written communications skills
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Evans Library
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 150 W. University Blvd.
- Institution Name :
- Florida Institute of Technology, Evans Library
- 150 W. University Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Holly Miller
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
To apply, visit Florida Tech Employment Opportunities.