Job: Historical Resources Assistant Manager
Go back to All Jobs
- Historical Resources Assistant Manager
- Number position available:
- $52,977.60 - $68,889.60
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
In this new position, you will work as part of a team to learn and preserve the history of Sarasota and explore innovate ways to bring the collection to the public. Even in our COVID climate, we aim to make the collection as accessible as possible, including digitizing pieces for the community to explore online.
As a service-oriented leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, you will:
- Develop additional educational and outreach programming.
- Assist with exhibit preparation and fabrication.
- Assist with grant writing.
- Help foster appreciation for history.
- Contribute to our Centennial celebrations.
- Oversee daily operations at the History Center, to include working with staff and researchers.
You will work closely with our Planning and Development Services team to review permitting and rezoning for historic buildings and archaeological sites. You will also work with two advisory boards and our Friends of Historical Resources group.
Plus, a new facility for Historical Resources is on the horizon! As the Assistant Manager, you will be involved in planning and design.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and four (4) years of related experience
- – OR – an Associate’s Degree and two (2) years of related experience
- This position requires at least one year of supervisory experience in any field (acting, lead work and/or supervisory/management courses can count on a pro-rated basis).
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
A Master's Degree in Library Science (MLS) from a college/university accredited by the American Library Association or a Master’s Degree in History or related field.
Experience, including supervision, working in a public library or archive preferred.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Historical Resources
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 6062 Porter Way
- Institution Name :
- Sarasota County Libraries and Historical Resources
- 1660 Ringling Blvd.
- Address 2:
- 5th Floor
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Robert Bendus
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- 941 861-6883
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please visit scgov.net