Performs responsible public service and clerical work using standard technologies in the public library; assists library patrons in the use of collections, equipment, and online resources; interprets library policies for patrons; participates in library programming, collection maintenance, and staff training opportunities. Work is performed under regular supervision of a professional Librarian.
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks:
Performing circulation transactions; shelving books; assisting patrons with basic information needs; providing basic support in computer use and troubleshooting.
(The following tasks are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
· Checks books and other library materials in and out for patrons using the automated system
· Collects fines, lost item payment, etc. using automated systems
· Processes new patron registrations
· Assists patrons in computer/Internet use and related technologies; including basic troubleshooting
· Shelves new and returned books and other materials; completes shelf-reading as assigned
· Provides patron assistance with various media formats and devices
· Answers basic information queries; makes referrals as appropriate
· Takes telephone calls; responds to queries efficiently and thoroughly
· Participates in Library’s daily opening and closing procedures
· Maintains routine clerical accounting records
· Ensures that quality customer standards are met in service delivery transactions
· Participates in Library programming as assigned
· Attends scheduled staff meetings as scheduling permits
· Takes advantage of training/staff development opportunities, as appropriate
· Special tasks, as assigned
High School Diploma preferred
Physical address where the job position is located.