Library Systems & Services, LLC (LS&S) is seeking friendly, enthusiastic, and service oriented Library Associate(s) for the Sumter County Library System located in Central Florida. The five Branch locations are; Bushnell Public Library, E.C. Rowell Public Library, Panasoffkee Community Library, The Villages Public Library at Belvedere, and The Villages Public Library at Pinellas Plaza.
This Library Associate 2 position is an entry level position, full time opportunity. Under direction from management, the Library Associate 2 performs a variety of moderately complex technical and paraprofessional duties in support of various sections/functions of the library; primarily at the circulation desk. Provides customer service to library patrons.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Provides customer service by welcoming and registering patrons, issuing library cards, checking out materials and managing patron accounts
• Assists patrons with locating materials or the reference desk, using computers, or explaining procedures (checking out, logging onto the Internet, making copies, etc.)
• Checks in and processes library materials as necessary
• Accepts and processes fines, fees, or other payments
• Provides information regarding programs, events, conference rooms, etc.
• Mails library materials as necessary for patron homebound programs
• Shelves library materials
• Addresses or escalates patron conduct or safety issues to appropriate management
• Know and understand the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
• Other duties as assigned
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• Two years of library experience preferred
• Basic knowledge of library systems and databases preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Multilingual speaking a plus
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include a combination of days, evenings and weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer: AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Physical address where the job position is located.