The University of West Florida Libraries in Pensacola, FL seeks an Instructor Librarian (position #109130) to be the Coordinator of the Information Literacy and Library Instruction Program and subject liaison for assigned disciplines including Chemistry, Physics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering.
This learner-centered Reference librarian is responsible for:
- Providing reference and research assistance to library patrons through multiple modes of delivery, including scheduled shifts at the Reference Desk
- As the Reference liaison for assigned disciplines, including those in the Hal Marcus College of Science & Engineering, responsibilities will include:
+ Providing group and individual library instruction and/or Information Literacy instruction and activities
+ Serving as a subject specialist and faculty liaison
+ Providing individual research consultations
- Coordinating, promoting, maintaining records and statistical data, and assessing the library’s Information Literacy Program and other Reference Service-related activities
- Coordinating, promoting, and assessing the Library Instruction Program, including English Composition, Basic Communications Skills, and Academic Foundations classes
- Coordinating, promoting, and assessing instructional activities related to First-Year Experience, retention, and student orientation programs
- Coordinating the Personal Librarian Program
- Selection, acquisition, management, weeding, and development of library materials, in all formats, for assigned subject areas
- Completing other duties as assigned
The Reference Department consists of the Head of the Department and five librarians who are responsible for providing reference service, teaching library instruction sessions, collecting materials for the monographic collection, and selecting serials and databases. The Reference Librarians each have a coordinating function (e.g., interlibrary loans, serials and database selection, information literacy, and reference collection development) and assigned disciplines. This position will function as a reference librarian and library instruction coordinator.
The University of West Florida Libraries have 12 library faculty and 24 support staff in three facilities - the John C. Pace Library and Professional Studies Library on the Pensacola main campus and a branch library on the Emerald Coast Campus in Fort Walton Beach. UWF is one of twelve State Universities in Florida. For more information, see the website: https://secure.uwf.edu/library/.
The University of West Florida is located in Pensacola, the crown jewel of Florida’s beautiful Emerald Coast, known worldwide for its pristine white-sand beaches. Famous for its pleasant climate and location on the Gulf of Mexico, Pensacola also enjoys a comparatively low cost of living. The campus is situated on a 1,600-acre nature preserve where 13,000 students receive the benefits of small classes and personal attention from their professors.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in library science and appropriate experience as a professional librarian consistent with university guidelines.
Experience in reference service and/or collection development
Background in science (e.g., Chemistry, Physics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering)
Experience teaching library instruction classes
Professional, academic library experience
Physical address where the job position is located.
The salary range is $48,000. This is a full time twelve-month non-tenure earning position with faculty rank and status. Position reports to the Head of the Reference Department. Anticipated start date is September 1, 2019. The position will be open until filled, but applications submitted online by July 12, 2019, will receive priority review. Apply using the University’s employment web site: https://jobs.uwf.edu. Include a letter of application/interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and email addresses of at least three references.
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). A criminal background check is required for successful candidates. E-Verify requirements may apply for employment in certain positions. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.