The University of Miami (UM) Libraries seeks nominations and applications for a creative, innovative professional to serve as the Head of the Department of Learning, Research, and Clinical Information Services (LRCIS) on UM’s Medical Campus. Under the direction of the Associate Dean for Health Science Services / Executive Director of the Medical Library, the Head of LRCIS leads a team of librarians whose expertise and knowledge base support educational, clinical, research, and administrative activities at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (UMMSoM). Specifically, this includes leadership and managerial responsibility for the development and teaching of classes, expert searching of the biomedical literature, reference services, unit liaisons, creation and maintenance of resource guides and other web content, and clinical, data, and research services in support of UMMSoM students, faculty, staff and residents, and primary teaching hospital personnel. Selected services in support of unaffiliated health care professionals, librarians, and the public are also provided.
• Provides leadership and direction in a team-based environment;
• In consultation with LRCIS faculty and library administration, sets and defines departmental goals and objectives;
• Contributes to library planning as an active member of the Library's administrative team;
• Fosters the development of innovative approaches to services;
• Assesses the effectiveness of learning, research, and clinical information services;
• Mentors, supervises, and manages LRCIS faculty;
• Organizes, interprets, and maintains departmental statistics;
• Participates in trials and evaluation of prospective resources;
• Identifies training and continuing education needs of LRCIS faculty;
• Promotes library services on campus and to the community-at-large;
• Oversees department’s social media activities;
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Networks, collaborates and actively participates in local, regional, national, or international organizations, especially those pertaining to health sciences librarianship and leadership.
• Represents and promotes the University of Miami Libraries in local, state-wide, regional, national, or international organizations, as appropriate.
• Serves on/participates in Libraries and University organizations, committees, task forces, and teams as appropriate.
• Participates in Medical Campus service projects in the South Florida community, as appropriate.
• Master’s degree from an ALA accredited program or foreign equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in reference services department at an academic medical institution or 5 years combined experience in health sciences reference position at an academic medical institution and a hospital.
• Demonstrated experience in the use of health sciences information resources, including specialized clinical and biomedical research tools.
• Knowledge of trends in scholarship, pedagogy, research services and reference services.
• Demonstrated experience and leadership in the creation and evaluation of new services.
• Effective administrative and supervisory experience that contributes to a positive work environment.
• Strong leadership skills including the ability to facilitate team-building and collaboration within the department and library, and with colleagues and peers across the medical campus and university.
• Demonstrated effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to user-centered library service and the ability to work flexibly and creatively in a changing and fast-paced environment with a culturally diverse population.
• Demonstrated project management, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated teaching experience.
• Evidence of continued professional development, involvement, and contribution.
• Documented collaboration with clinical or basic science researchers.
• Off-campus community outreach experience.
• Grant-writing experience.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please use the link below for additional information and to apply.