The City of Lake Worth Beach invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Library Associate I (Reference).
This position is based on a 29 hour work week with a pay range of $12.79 per hour. This position will work at the Lake Worth Beach Public Library Building located at 15 North M Street, Lake Worth, FL 33460.
Part-time employees are not eligible for City health and pension plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides references services to library patrons
• Assist patrons in the use of computer and database resources in the library
• Provides phone reference services
• Provides reference services for students
• Shelves reference materials
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instruction, policy and procedure manuals apply them to a variety of situations.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
• Ability to accurately maintain financial records of fines and other payments.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to perform Internet searching and e-mail.
• Ability to use library automation software.
• Ability to explain library terminology to patrons.
• Ability to instruct patrons in use of on-line catalog.
• Working knowledge of social media tools such as Facebook and Twitter.
• Working knowledge of public library practices and procedures.
• Ability to effectively organize work, determines priorities, make decisions and complete assigned duties with minimal supervision.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with patrons, co-workers and the general public, with particular skill in working with children / teens.
• Strong and effective spoken and written (English) communication skills.
• Ability to repeatedly lift up and move up to 15 pounds.
• Place and arrange materials on shelves ranging from the floor level to 7 ft.
• Push, pull: book cart on wheels weighing 300-400 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Ability to alphabetize and work with the Dewey decimal classification system
• (3) years library-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong customer orientation
• High School Diploma
Physical address where the job position is located.
Interested parties should visit our website at www.lakeworth.org and click on jobs which will direct you to indeed.
If the hiring Managers decide they would like to interview you they will contact you directly.