Under direction, plans, organizes, promotes and implements events/programs for system-wide library locations.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Plans, implements, and facilitates events; identifies subject matter for events based on guidance provided, statistics, current trends, and customer requests; coordinates schedule between presenters and library locations; negotiates fees and contracts to fit library budget.
- Serves as events presenter; develops content for workshops and events; creates and prepares handouts and other materials to enhance the event experience; collects statistics and enter survey information.
- Initiates and secures community partnerships via in-person meetings, online activities, and social media; researches events provided by outside entities to identify and recommend opportunities.
- Hosts events; assists external presenter with setup, including room and audio visual setup; conducts surveys to determine success of event and implement lessons learned.
- Develops and implements marketing plan for each event; composes and designs print and electronic promotional materials, using computer software, to increase awareness of programs, including: posters, bookmarks, web fliers, social media images, in-house digital displays, emails to influencers, and electronic newsletters.
- Coordinates with library staff to promote events through newsletter, the website, ads, press releases and social media; networks via in-person events and social media in order to establish community contacts and opportunities for promotion of library events.
- Participates in community outreach events to market library services, support library initiatives, network with potential presenters and partners; and prepares and gives presentations at local meetings on behalf of the Library to spread awareness about library events and services.
- Prepares, submits, and/or summarizes various routine and non-routine reports.
- Maintains accurate records and files related to work performed.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field required; AND one (1) year of event planning experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and event planning experience can be substituted for the job experience requirement as determined by Human Resources.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Florida driver’s license.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Principles, practices, materials and techniques of public information and education.
- Hardware and software used in the desktop publishing process.
- Principles and practices of event planning and management.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Principles and techniques of preparing effective written informational or educational materials.
- Techniques of making effective oral presentations to large and small groups and the broadcast media.
- Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals, in person and over the telephone.
- Producing effective written and graphic materials for a variety of informational and educational uses.
- Planning and implementing events and special projects.
- Using computer-aided desk-top publishing hardware and software.
- Preparing clear and effective correspondence. Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Making effective oral presentations to large and small groups.
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing projects and work assignments for efficient results.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Under Direction - Assignments and objectives are presented to incumbents at this level and established work processes are to be followed. Incumbents have some flexibility in the selection of work methods, the timing of work processes, and the methods of completing tasks. Supervision is periodic and is usually initiated by employee and/or when important problems, significant changes from past procedures, and policy implications are involved.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a library setting, use standard office equipment, and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in a library setting. Work is subject to travel among various library locations and community events.
I understand it is my responsibility to uphold the Library System's mission and values in the pursuit of all duties including:
- Respect for the individual, our organization and the community
- Excellence in everything we do
- Integrity in our actions with others
- While providing excellent customer service to all internal and external customers
Physical address where the job position is located.