Website University of North Florida
The University of North Florida, Thomas G. Carpenter Library, located in Jacksonville, Florida is seeking a Systems Librarian. As a member of the Digital Strategies & Technology Team, this library faculty position is responsible for the support, development, enhancement, and integration of library systems and technologies in support of teaching, research and services needs of the library and university community. The Systems Librarian supports innovative spaces in the library, and enhances the functionality, accessibility, and effectiveness of the Thomas G. Carpenter Library’s website. This position ensures successful collaboration with the university’s Information Technology Services (ITS) and other campus partners to provide systems, technologies and spaces that advance library strategic goals and enhance user experience. At the state level, works with the Florida Virtual Campus (FLVC). The Systems Librarian works under the supervision of the Head of Digital Strategies & Technology and provides supervision to the Library Systems Specialist and student assistants. For more information: https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/26685
· Master of Library Science from an ALA or equivalent accredited program.
· Knowledge of and experience in supporting library-specific applications, software (e.g., OpenAthens, Tipasa, and Springshare products), and equipment (e.g. Audiovisual, Recording Studio).
· Ability to learn, use and continually adapt to new technologies.
· Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively with minimal supervision.
· Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and communication skills.
· Professional experience in an academic library.
· Working knowledge of digital repositories (e.g., Digital Commons) and Ex Libris’ Alma library services platform and Primo VE discovery service.
· Working knowledge of immersive technologies, including virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR).
·Knowledge of standards and best practices for web accessibility and ADA compliance.
· Experience with training and instructing others in the use of library systems and technologies.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Susie O’Dell at (904) 620-2579 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial review of applications will begin on February 19, 2024.