Website Stetson University
Stetson University seeks a collaborative and dynamic Research and Learning Librarian for a full-time appointment as a tenure-track faculty member at the rank of Assistant Professor. The Research and Learning Librarian is responsible, through the application of established policies and procedures, for providing and coordinating research services and participating in the library’s information literacy instruction program. Working collaboratively, the Research and Learning Librarian will coordinate, promote, and enhance library research services. In addition to practicing the specific skill sets described below, it is assumed that the librarian in this position will participate in the professional activities and University service required of a tenure-track faculty member.
The Research and Learning Librarian will be expected to give special attention to the following:
- Coordinates the library’s Research Services Team
- Sets the on-call Ask A Librarian (research help) schedule each semester, in consultation with research librarians
- Provides leadership in short- and long-range planning for research services
- Promotes Ask A Librarian services to the Stetson community
- Provides research assistance in person, via telephone, text, and email and by appointment in an on-call research help environment, currently including up to 15 hours on-call and one evening shift per week
- Maintains currency regarding reference, research, and database sources
- Collects and reports reference statistics
- Assists patrons in locating library materials and in the use of print and online resources
- Assists patrons by responding to routine queries regarding the use of or problems with computers, printers, copiers, or micro-format machines when information desk staff cannot respond adequately to the user
- Identifies and selects materials to add to or withdraw from the library’s reference collection, general collection, and assigned collection development areas
- Serves as back-up for the evening and weekend circulation supervisors when on-call
- Participates in the library’s information literacy program
- Serves as the administrator for Research Guides using Springshare’s LibGuides platform
- Maintains active participation as a library professional and as a Stetson University facultymember.
This position reports to the Director of Public Services.
Tenure-track Assistant Professor: Master of Library & Information Science (MLS/MLIS) is required; experience with library research, reference services, and instruction preferred. Second Master’s degree preferred.
All Stetson librarians are expected to contribute to general reference and research services and function well as a member of a collaborative team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of best practices, issues, and trends in research assistance, reference services, and library/classroom instruction. In addition, the successful tenure-track candidate should have the demonstrated ability or potential to engage in publication and professional service to meet University tenure and promotion requirements.
Full advertisement here.
Applicants should supply a cover letter, a detailed current vita, and
the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references. All information may be submitted electronically to Susan Ryan, Dean of the duPont-Ball Library and Learning Technologies, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will continue until position is filled. All correspondence will be held in strictest confidence.