Website Division of Library and Information Services
This position is a Library Program Administrator within the Division of Library and Information Services’ Bureau of Library Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, manages, plans, and implements continuing education and training opportunities for library staff throughout Florida. Liaises with Continuing Education staff of the Florida Multitype Library Cooperatives and other partners. Works with Division staff across all grant programs, and with external partners, to create interactive training modules, videos, and online asynchronous courses. Facilitates access to this content through a learning management system (e.g., Moodle) and other online repositories. Provides live and online training, workshops, and meetings. Identifies best practices, trends, and issues in the continuing education arena. Ensures ADA compliance for Bureau content.
- Develops, coordinates, administers, and evaluates the Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute. Participates in the continued development and implementation of the program, in collaboration with external partners and vendors. Coordinates development and implementation of the annual Public Library Directors Meeting. Administers Florida Library Jobs grant project, with partner organization. Provides consulting services to library administrators and staff, library board members and citizen supporters.
- Supervises Bureau staff. Ensures that direct reports (and self) conform to all state and department rules and regulations.
- Participates in the management and supervisory team of the Bureau. Manages a grant-funded program, writes and reviews grant applications and reports guided by the Bureau’s strategic plan. Participates in strategic plan development.
- Six years of direct professional experience or master’s degree.
- Three years of experience as a supervisor of library or other professional / paraprofessional staff.
- Three years of experience planning, evaluating, and presenting continuing education training.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and online presentation software.
- Cover letter addressing the required knowledge, skills and abilities specified in the advertisement.
- Master’s degree from a program accredited by a professional library association.
- Experience planning, evaluating, and implementing continuing education training for library staff.
- Experience writing grants.
- Experience with grant and/or project management.
- Experience with a learning management system (LMS) and video editing.
Responses to qualifying questions must be clearly supported in your employment history.
Applications, resumes and cover letters can be submitted at https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/TALLAHASSEE-DOS-Library-Program-Administrator-SES-45000619-FL-32301/1086716600/