Website State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
Library Supervisor, Access Services
Join our SCF Library Services Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarships for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness and many more! Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
This position provides oversight for the daily operations of the Bradenton library and access services. Responsibilities include the supervision, hiring, coordination and evaluation of Bradenton reference, instruction and circulation. This also includes the coordination of area facilities management, and collaboration of collection development and maintenance and outreach. Also responsible for the assessment and planning of library resources and services in collaboration with Library Administration.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Coordinates and directs with Library Administration in the planning, administration and evaluation of library policies, procedures, and operations.
2. Coordinates and directs with the (Bradenton Access Services Supervisor/Venice Library Supervisor) to evaluate and ensure high quality library services including overseeing circulation, reference, spaces, outreach, liaison responsibilities, collections, and information literacy.
3. Coordinates and directs the hiring and supervision of student employees and career staff including needs, documents, training, and evaluation in the Bradenton Access Services Department. .
4. Collaborates with the director to hire professional librarians and after hire, supervises the librarians in the Bradenton Access Services Department including training and evaluations.
5. Collaborates with the Library Office Supervisor who is the Library Building Manager for Facilities in the care and maintenance of public library spaces. Participates in the planning, administration and evaluation of library policies, procedures and operations.
6. Works collaboratively with other members of the library to meet the goals and mission of the library.
7. Performs liaison duties with assigned academic departments. Collaborates and fosters relationships with other campus departments and external groups.
8. Participates in the selection, withdrawal, and maintenance of library collections including working with vendors.
9. Provides instruction, reference and information literacy duties as needed.
10. Serves as appointed and/or elected representative to statewide standing ( i.e. FLVC) and advisory committees
11. Serves on college-wide committees and takes a lead role in library wide projects and initiatives as needed.
12. Engages in ongoing professional development and external professional service and/or scholarship. .
13. Performs other duties as assigned. .
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
• Education/Experience: Requires a minimum of a Masters Degree in Library and/or Information Studies/Sciences obtained from an ALA accredited program and 2 years professional service in an academic or research library.
• Supervisory Experience: At least two years of direct supervisory experience including responsibility for hiring, firing, performance management, training and coaching is required.
Experience supervising library professionals.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position supervises multiple shifts and is required to have flexibility to assist with coverage, as situations arise. Additionally it is expected that this position assist with coverage at all campuses, as do all other supervisory librarians. This position is an on campus based position. It is not remote. All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5323 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Library Services
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From:
Work Hours To: Varies
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $46,303.00 - $73,159.00
Job Open Date: 09/08/2023
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4597949