Website Seminole State College of Florida
The part-time Librarian, Research and Instruction provides professional library services in an online and campus environment with emphasis on reference and instruction. Creates and delivers instructional and training materials in variety of formats. Collaboratives with other academic support services staff across the campus.
1. Assists library users with identification, location, interpretation, and use of library resources in electronic and print formats.
2. Provides library services and back-up support (e.g. greets patrons, checks materials in/out, assists with technology questions) for staff duties at the Information Services Desk.
3. Teaches in a classroom setting using a variety of instructional approaches and technologies; plans lessons and assesses learning outcomes of instruction sessions; determines appropriate format for delivery of materials.
4. Reviews and selects/de-selects materials in assigned collection sections.
5. Assists with developing library services, resources, and materials for access and instruction for classroom, online, electronic, multi-media, and interactive environments.
6. Communicates and collaborates with faculty.
7. Participates in setting goals and objectives for library services.
8. Maintains records, reports, and statistics with accuracy and timeliness.
9. Perform other duties as may be required or assigned.
1. Master's degree in a regionally or nationally accredited institution in Library/information science or related area.
1. Experience with reference services and information literacy in an academic library.
2. Experience with online and automated library systems, electronic information sources, and database research.
How to Apply -- https://www.seminolestate.edu/jobs?id=104775
Applicants must complete the entire online application and include work history even if attaching a resume.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (To ensure full consideration all of the following documents must be attached to the application prior to the closing date):
Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral; this applies to Seminole State College employees as well as external candidates (unofficial copies accepted for application purposes). Please note: Official Transcripts are REQUIRED upon hire.
Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged.
TO ATTACH ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS:
From the Seminole State College Home page, scroll to the bottom and click on Employment
Under For Job Seekers, click on Complete or Review an Existing Application
Select either Sign In with existing username and password or New User to create an account
Click on My Job Applications to view applied jobs, resumes and attachments
Click on the + under My Cover Letters and Attachments to attach documents.