Website Seminole State College of Florida
The part time Coordinator, Academic Support Outreach develops marketing and outreach strategies and facilitates programming events for the College Libraries and Academic Success Centers (ASC) in support of “Excel-A-Raider,” the college’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). Promotes increased awareness of the services offered by the Libraries and ASCs to students in both online and on campus settings. Collaborates within and outside of the departments and ensures that communications are effective and consistent in supporting college strategies and initiatives.
1. Organizes, coordinates, and implements engagement programs that support the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), in collaboration with library and Academic Success Center (ASC) staff.
2. Develops and maintains partnerships with the QEP office, other campus departments, and external vendors, to utilize library and ASC virtual and physical spaces for online and on campus events.
3. Communicates with students, faculty, and staff and promotes services/events utilizing social media platforms.
4. Creates flyers, posters, and banners for print and online distribution, using creative software tools.
5. Develops and maintains event listings for external websites and internal share calendars.
6. Plans and coordinates program support with employees in the Libraries and ASCs, and other interested parties across the college (e.g. QEP Office).
7. Documents events with photos and videos and produces promotional materials using collected event footage.
8. Maintains records of programs and attendance and coordinates with Institutional Effectiveness and Research to analyze the impact of programming on student success.
9. Assists with researching grant opportunities and helping to prepare grant applications.
10. Maintains currency on trends in student engagement, education technology, libraries, tutoring services, and other academic support services.
11. Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field.
2. Two years of related experience in communication, marketing, events planning, public relations, or a related field.
1. Experience in event planning and giving presentations to groups.
2. Experience working in a post-secondary educational organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
1. Ability to develop, write, and edit multiple communications channels.
2. Proficient skills in Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel) and the ability to become proficient in Teams/Zoom.
3. Ability to work in a team oriented, objective focused environment.
4. Demonstrated project and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines while working independently and managing multiple projects.
5. Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and directly with students, staff, and external constituents.
6. Ability to handle multiple priorities, organize work, and function with minimal supervision.
7. Ability to initiate problem resolution and to formulate ideas into action.
8. Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
9. Committed to working in a multicultural environment.
Application instructions can be found at https://www.seminolestate.edu/jobs.