Website Florida Gulf Coast Univesity
The Florida Gulf Coast University Library seeks to hire a(n) collaborative and service-oriented Research and Instruction Librarian who will report to the Director of Research, Scholarship, and Instruction. The Research and Instruction Librarian coordinates instruction, providing expertise in the delivery and assessment of high impact library instruction. The successful candidate builds relationships with faculty, staff, and students to promote the library’s information literacy initiatives and support high-impact practices which positively influence the student learning experience. They will advocate for student success and retention through the promotion of library services and resources, and participate in the positioning of the library as a strategic asset to the teaching and learning goals of the University.
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science from an American Library Association accredited program.
- Experience delivering in-person and online (synchronous & asynchronous) instruction, incorporating best practices for learning, teaching, and information literacy.
- Demonstrated understanding of the information-seeking behavior of and the ability to provide research assistance to students in a university setting.
- Evidence of the professional initiative and flexibility required for successful teamwork in an academic library environment.
- Experience in the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching.
Online applications only - https://www.fgcu.edu/hr/jobs-at-fgcu