Website St. John Vianney College Seminary
Saint John Vianney College’s Mission: The fundamental purpose of St. John Vianney College Seminary is to provide undergraduate and graduate education and formation for those students whose stated objective is to discern a call to serve the Catholic Church as priests within a bilingual (English-Spanish) multicultural setting. The College Seminary is also committed to providing academic opportunities, both on-campus and online, for laity and others who may be enriched by its services.
Job Description: The Director of the Library is responsible for all matters pertaining to the Maytag Library and Bookstore. As the chief administrator of library services for the College Seminary, he/she operates under the supervision of the Rector/President.
Essential Job Duties:
- To develop the library collection in consultation with the faculty.
- To train and supervise the student workers and volunteers.
- To carry out the acquisition of all library materials.
- Supervises the classification and cataloging of books, journals, A/V materials, and the circulation process.
- Offers library orientation and electronic demonstrations to new students, refresher sessions to returning students.
- Provides bibliographic instruction as requested by faculty and students.
- Provides traditional and online services.
- Maintains a consortia relationship with St. Thomas University to share the resources and services the SEFLIN network provides, including Interlibrary Loan.
- Responsible for inventory and maintenance of the library equipment and audiovisual resources.
- To serve as an ex officio member of the Academic Council and the Humanities Council.
- To chair the Library Committee.
- Periodically informs the faculty and students of new Library holdings through curriculum-relevant library displays and electronic listings.
- Maintains records of library expenditures to distribute the budgeted money by subject collection.
- Subscribes and maintains a collection of magazines, journals, and newspapers.
- Responsible for coordinating the order of textbooks as well as maintaining inventory, working collaboratively with the business office in the management of the bookstore.
- Additional responsibilities may be requested by the Administration.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Ability:
- Previous experience in library information resources and services.
- Great organizational and communication skills.
- Masters in library science (preferred).
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) a plus.
- Proficient in MS 365 Suite.
To apply, please send the following:
- Completed Application. Application form found here
- Cover Letter.
- Names of Three References.
Please send application to and pertinent documents to: