Website City of Mount Dora
Performs a variety of outreach and programming in the children’s library. Provides excellent service and reader’s advisory to parents, caregivers and children. Provide information to the public about youth services and general library policies, procedures and materials. Ensure patron satisfaction as it relates to youth services. Works in tandem with staff and volunteers to complete clerical, shelving, display and decoration tasks as required.
- Familiar with both the Koha system and the patron view of the ILS.
- Demonstrate familiarity with children’s fiction and non-fiction inventory, trends and best practices.
- Provides enthusiastic and positive customer service at all times, predominantly working with the public.
- Provide seamless backup to Youth Services Librarian and all programming functions.
- Conduct weekly story time(s), building rapport and patron interaction.
- Understand and articulate early literacy tenets and best practices.
- Provide constructive feedback to support Youth Services Librarian in materials acquisitions.
- Familiarity with local schools calendars, AR programs, Sunshine State Young Readers Award and all other young reader motivational programs.
- Shelves library materials, moves items to and from storage, handles book carts and displays.
- Available to work night and weekend.
- Ability to work special library events outdoors.
- Performs related duties as required.
A comprehensive job description is available upon request.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
The City of Mount Dora is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Mount Dora will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Mount Dora is a drug-free, smoke-free, EOE.
- High school graduation or GED required.
- Moderate computer literacy, customer service skills and the ability to type and use a keyboard.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in youth services or related library functions desirable.
- Must have working knowledge of children’s literature and early lit. best practices.
- Must have a Valid Florida Driver's License.
- Complete the required National Incident Management System (NIMS) training within 6 months of completion of probationary period.
To apply, please follow the below link: