Website City of Jacksonville, FL
The Public Library Department is actively seeking an Senior Manager of Performance Analytics.
This position will report to the Chief Librarian/Library Director and will be responsible for leading the Library’s Organizational Effectiveness Unit, and for developing the strategy and implementing an operational plan to integrate assessment methods and data analytics into the library’s front and back-office operations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, Management Information Systems, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Computer Science WITH at least;
- Three (3) years of professional experience analyzing strategic and operational data, using business intelligence tools and systems, and making recommendations for strategic and operational changes to management AND at least;
- Two (2) years supervising technical/professional staff.
Note: A candidate with bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field other than those listed above may be substituted with an additional one (1) year of work experience in data analysis (analyzing projects and initiatives using relational database systems and technical competence to perform advanced analytics and proficiency, recommending solutions, and implementing strategies).
- Earned advanced degree in Library/Information Sciences with a working experience working with relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.), query languages and scripting (SQL, Python, Java, or C++/C#, etc.), and prior experience designing ETL routines.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques and their real-world advantages/disadvantages.
- Knowledge of R, Matlab, SPSS, STATA, Tableau or SA is also helpful.
- The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker who will bring a focus on organizational excellence and outcome measurement, and lead through influence by making connections with internal stakeholders within JPL and the City of Jacksonville (COJ).
The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. Employees are afforded 12 paid holidays plus a paid personal day. Our comprehensive benefit programs include defined contribution retirement plan, medical, dental and vision plans; life insurance coverage for you and your dependents; flexible spending plans for medical reimbursement, dependent care; an employee assistance program for you and your dependents; a 457(b) tax-deferred compensation plan to supplement your retirement, and a ROTH IRA plan. We also provide an extensive wellness program that includes a health intervention program if qualified, lunch and learns, health fairs, and discounted gym memberships.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. To be considered for this position you MUST apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.