Website City of Jacksonville, FL
The Director of Library Spaces is appointed by and reports to the Chief Librarian/Library Director, serving as a member of the Library’s leadership team. This position supervises the Facilities Manager and support staff. The Director of Library Spaces is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating the design, use and maintenance of attractive, welcoming, and engaging library spaces that provide physical environments that support and enhance the Library’s mission and goals.
The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. Employees are afforded 12 paid holidays plus a paid personal day. Our comprehensive benefit programs include defined contribution retirement plan, medical, dental and vision plans; life insurance coverage for you and your dependents; flexible spending plans for medical reimbursement, dependent care; an employee assistance program for you and your dependents; a 457(b) tax-deferred compensation plan to supplement your retirement, and a ROTH IRA plan. We also provide an extensive wellness program that includes a health intervention program if qualified, lunch and learns, health fairs, and discounted gym memberships.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in any of the following disciplines: Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or Interior Design.
- Five years of professional experience in facility planning, design, construction, or project management.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex design and construction project details to and with library staff, the Board of Library Trustees, community stakeholders and the Department of Public Works.
- A valid driver's license is required prior to application and must be maintained during employment in this class.
- Must qualify prior to application, obtain, and maintain during employment a City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification.
- Two or more years of direct supervisory experience.
- Experience in designing new buildings or renovations of buildings.
This job is being posting until filled. To be considered for this position you MUST apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.