Website City of Jacksonville, FL
The Jacksonville Public Library is actively seeking one (1) Cataloging Librarian Manager.
Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now.
Did you know as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 12 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
The Cataloging Librarian Manager reports to the Senior Manager of Library Collections and is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating the work of the cataloging and digitization units and performing extensive specialized library work.
- A Masters’ Degree from an accredited institution in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited program with
- At least four years of progressively responsible professional library work.
- Within that four years must have one of the following:
- Three years of experience in cataloging and/or digitization.
- Three years of experience using library cataloging resource materials, formats, and standards such as MARC, LC National Authority Files, NACO, RDA, AACR2R, LCSH, LCC, Dublin Core.
- Two years of experience with software for editing data in bulk, such as MarcEdit, OpenRefine, pyMARC, etc.
Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Depending on assignment, a valid driver's license may be required and must be maintained during employment in this class.
- Depending on assignment, must qualify prior to appointment, obtain, and maintain during employment a City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification.
A FULLY COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Apply at www.coj.net/jobs. A resume, cover letter, and college transcript are required with your application. Work history is required for all employment/volunteer work in which qualifications are being based. When meeting/basing qualifications on education, a copy of your college transcript, with your social blacked out, is required with your application. Transcripts do not need to be official, but must state your name, the school’s name, classes taken, grades received, type of degree, and date degree was conferred.