Website City of Jacksonville, FL
The Jacksonville Public Library is actively seeking an Assistant Library Supervisor.
This is managerial work at the working supervisor level which includes assisting the branch or department manager with planning, organizing, and directing the functions, programs, and staff of a library branch or department within the Main Library.
- A Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited institution with
- At least three years of professional library work experience.
- Depending on assignment, a valid driver's license may be required and must be maintained during employment in this class.
- Depending on assignment, must qualify for prior to appointment, obtain and maintain during employment in this class City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification.
- A Masters’ degree from an accredited institution in Library Science.
The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. Employees are afforded 12 paid holidays plus a paid personal day. Our comprehensive benefit programs include defined contribution retirement plan, medical, dental and vision plans; life insurance coverage for you and your dependents; flexible spending plans for medical reimbursement, dependent care; an employee assistance program for you and your dependents; a 457(b) tax-deferred compensation plan to supplement your retirement, and a ROTH IRA plan. We also provide an extensive wellness program that includes a health intervention program if qualified, lunch and learns, health fairs, and discounted gym memberships.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. To be considered for this position you MUST apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.