Website City of Jacksonville, FL
The Jacksonville Public Library is actively seeking one (1) Director of Library Facilities.
This position is appointed by the Chief Librarian/Library Director and reports to the Deputy Chief Librarian of Support Services and is a member of the Library’s leadership team; supervises the Facilities Manager and the Safety and Security Manager.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Building Construction, Construction Management, or Architecture.
- Five years professional experience in facilities management and planning with at least three years in a management capacity.
- Ability to effectively communicate library facility needs to the Public Works Department, architects, and others.
- A valid driver's license is required prior to application and must be maintained during employment in this class.
- Must qualify prior to application, obtain and maintain during employment a City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification.
The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. Employees are afforded 12 paid holidays plus a paid personal day. Our comprehensive benefit programs include defined contribution retirement plan, medical, dental and vision plans; life insurance coverage for you and your dependents; flexible spending plans for medical reimbursement, dependent care; an employee assistance program for you and your dependents; a 457(b) tax-deferred compensation plan to supplement your retirement, and a ROTH IRA plan. We also provide an extensive wellness program that includes a health intervention program if qualified, lunch and learns, health fairs, and discounted gym memberships.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. To be considered for this position you MUST apply online at https://www.coj.net/jobs.