Website City of Clearwater
THE CITY OF CLEARWATER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Under general direction, the Librarian assists library patrons with library resources, provides cataloguing expertise, and provides excellent customer service. Facilitates programs, assists in collection development, provides purchase suggestions, codes and catalogs materials, and promotes the library services to the community
THIS POSITION REQUIRES SOME NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS
This recruitment is continuous – open until filled
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Engages, assists, and guides patrons at the library reference desk; researches and responds to technical or reference inquiries, demonstrates use of library catalog, answers questions, directs patrons to appropriate shelves, and monitors customer activity in the library.
- Supports and ensures the delivery of high-quality customer service; assists in the training of library personnel and volunteers, resolves conflict, delegates volunteer work, and ensures daily duties are completed.
- Researches, develops, and organizes various adult and youth programs; performs outreach projects to community partners to promote library services; develops communications, manages social media outlets, and disburses consistent relevant content and news.
- Facilitates and assists department staff and personnel in the implementation of innovative technologies and customer tools; catalogs, classifies, maintains, and updates the library collection on a regular basis.
- Assists with the implementation of ongoing library services, programs, marketing, and distribution of information; ensures updates to programs, referencing, cataloging, digital resources, and specialty services; conducts various other programming activities for all ages.
- Contributes to Library collection development; weeding of materials, assists with new collection suggestions, and performs ordering and follow up tasks.
- Maintains and monitors the facility to ensure a clean, attractive, accessible, and welcoming space; ensures library is prepared for all performances, events, and other community projects.
- Attends and contributes to numerous weekly, monthly, and annual meetings and serves on various committees; understands and communicates the service area needs to ensure the Library is supporting the community in the best ways possible.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Principles of library management including cataloguing and integrated library systems
- Public library systems, services, and programs
- Communications, trends, social media, marketing, and technology
- Computer skills including design programs and spreadsheets
- Library policies and procedures
- Research techniques, sources, and availability of information
- Reporting methods and data delivery
- Project management
- Personnel and volunteer supervision and management
- Customer service principles
- Performing contemporary library programs and services including social media
- Cataloguing and referencing all library materials
- Establishing and maintaining strong and professional relationships
- Coordinating and organizing library programs and services
- Personnel Management and exceptional customer service
- Managing lower level staff and ensuring professional delivery of library services
- Operating a computer, related software, and various library systems
- Conflict resolution
Licenses, Certifications, and Equipment:
- A valid State driver's license is required.
- MLS or MLIS
Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Library Science, Library & Information Sciences or related field OR a Bachelor's Degree in any field and two (2) years of professional level experience in public, school, or college library work; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Fill out online application and upload resume here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/clearwaterfl/jobs/3783963/librarian