Website Citrus County Library System
Provides direct customer service and assistance to Citrus County Library patrons at an assigned branch location. Work schedule varies and must be flexible to work after normal business hours, including nights and weekends, and at various branch locations. The primary location of this position is Central Ridge Branch and Materials Management.
Salary Disclosure: Starting Salary $14.58 hourly plus benefit and retirement options; Pay Range $14.58 – $19.56 hourly. Pay Grade: 105
- Performs general clerical and customer service work in a public library at an assigned branch location.
- Creates and maintains a welcoming, service-oriented environment towards all internal and external customers.
- Assists the public with a variety of general computing tasks and resource navigation.
- Uses computer system for data entry, checks materials in and out, item tracking, and searches and retrieves information.
- Assists routinely library customers with digital devices, mobile apps, e-books and other digital materials.
- Prepares creative and educational bulletin boards and displays.
- Operates a cash register, prepares daily cash reports.
- Maintains shelves, empties book drop, packs and sorts materials.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Acts as a person in charge of the building and perform opening and closing procedures.
- Assists the public with general computing tasks and directs them to appropriate resources.
- Plans and implements programs and events.
- Cleans and repairs audio/visual and print materials.
- Assists with ordering, processing, shipping, and receiving.
- Serves as a back-up for the library courier, as needed.
- Drives and/or operates a county vehicle or equipment and must obey all safety policies, and roadway rules and laws.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One (1) year combination of education, training, or experience in a clerical, library, or retail work environment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration, Skills
- Valid Florida Driver License (or must obtain within 30 days of establishing residency in Florida).
- Ability to work after normal business hours (may include nights and weekends).
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) in a clear, confident manner using proper grammar.
- Requires ability to maintain courteous and effective relations with County staff, elected officials, community interest groups and the public.
- Must have strong working knowledge of computers and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of Products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and strong familiarity with mobile devices including smartphones and tablets.
- Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days certification in FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) courses: IS-100.c: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS); and IS-700.b: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Requires standing and walking most of the day.
- The job involves frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- The job requires frequent bending, squatting, kneeling, balancing, twisting, and reaching above shoulders, and occasional crawling.
- The job requires the completion of tasks that involve simple grasping, pushing, pulling, fine manual manipulation, and typing.
- The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, depth perception and color vision, hearing, and speaking.
- The job may risk exposure to adverse weather, moving machinery, fumes and gases, electrical hazards, unprotected heights, and extreme noise.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply Here: Citrus County BOCC Careers