Performs professional library work which involves various technical library services, customer programming, and some lead responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned as dictated by operational necessity.
• Plans, organizes, and implements youth services programming which may include performances, classes, storytimes, and other special events.
• Markets and promotes library services and programs including press releases, social media posts, and community outreach engagements.
• Records and reports event attendances, submits monthly activity statistics, and completes other reports for administrative purposes.
• Determines program directions through community research activities and professional development, sometimes coordinating with HCPLC outreach initiatives.
• Provides general technology services assistance including helping with the copier/printer/scanner equipment, online searches, and navigating the HCPLC website.
• Provides moderately individual technology assistance to customers as needed.
• Performs Customer Service Desk duties including collecting and maintaining records of fees or other monetary transactions and opening new library accounts.
• Directs non-professional library staff and volunteers.