The Online Services Librarian provides innovation in the planning and development of digital library services and resources across the College curriculum. The Online Services Librarian works in collaboration with other college librarians, the Department of eLearning, and other academic support services across the College to implement new technologies for user services and instruction to promote student success. This is a part time position.
1. Serves as the primary administrator of the library’s Springshare Suite by building research guides, widgits and other applications.
2. Collaborates with Research and Instruction Librarians to develop and maintain video tutorials, online learning objects, and online modules.
3. Assists students, faculty, staff and other library users online with identification, location, interpretation, and use of library resources.
4. Collaborates with the eLearning Department to coordinate library services provision through the Canvas Learning Management System.
5. Maintains and updates content on the library website.
6. Evaluates and recommends improvements for the Library’s Technology Collection. Assists students, faculty and staff in checking out the available technology devices. This may require stooping, climbing to reach higher shelves, kneeling, pushing or pulling equipment, and lifting up to 25 pounds unassisted.
7. Maintains and uses current knowledge of new developments in online library services, resources and educational technologies to suggest and implement improvements in library services.
8. Prepares monthly statistical reports from Google Analytics and LibInsights.
9. Performs all site and position specific responsibilities as assigned.
1. Master's degree in library/information science from an American Library Association accredited institution.
1. Post-secondary instructional experience.
2. Experience with online learning authoring tools, such as Captivate, Camtasia, iSpring, or Articulate.
3. Experience with Canvas or other Learning Management System.
4. Experience with web design, and/or instructional design.
5. Familiarity with copyright law and “fair use” guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
1. Strong organizational, analytical and decision making skills.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in librarianship, information technology and electronic resources and technology applications in libraries.
3. Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies; to maintain currency with new software releases and updates, including research databases and Microsoft Office and any other programs endorsed by the College.
4. Knowledge of a variety of instructional technology tools and platforms including learning management software.
5. Ability to use technology and innovative pedagogy to enhance teaching and learning.
6. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Ability to establish and maintain collegial working relationships with staff, faculty, and students, as well as community partners.
8. Ability to maintain discretionary judgment in dealing with confidential matters.
9. Ability to work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively both as a team member and independently, with attention to detail, focus, and accuracy.
10. Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
11. Strong service orientation.
12. Committed to working in a multi-cultural environment.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Applicants must complete the entire online application and include work history even if attaching a resume.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (To ensure full consideration all of the following documents must be attached to the application prior to 11:59 pm on May 31, 2018):
2. Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral; this applies to Seminole State College employees as well as external candidates (unofficial copies accepted)
3. Cover Letter
4. Letters of Reference are strongly recommended
TO ATTACH DOCUMENTS:
From the Seminole State College Home page, scroll to the bottom and click on Employment
Under Job Seekers, click on Complete or Review an Existing Application; sign in or create an account with username and password
Click on My Activities on the top bar; go to My Cover Letters and Attachments section
Click Add Attachments to attach documents