Job: Evening and Weekend Circulation Specialist
Go back to All Jobs
- Evening and Weekend Circulation Specialist
- Number position available:
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Flagler College invites applicants to apply for the Evening and Weekend Circulation Specialist. The successful candidate will support the daily operations and activities of the Proctor Library Circulation Department.
The Evening and Weekend Circulation Specialist will work under the leadership and guidance of the Access Services Librarian to: (1) provide professional and friendly customer service to all users of the Proctor Library and its services and (2) ensure that library services and collections are accessible to the Flagler College community. This is a 40 hour per week library staff, benefits eligible position.
• Performs book circulation transactions and educates users about library services, policies, and procedures
• Troubleshoots and resolves patron problems using knowledge base, available resources, policies, and ethical judgment
• Trains, supervises, schedules, and coordinates work study students assigned to the Circulation Department
• Performs sorting, shelving, straightening, shelf-reading and pulling of books and participates in shifting and collection measurement and other stacks work
• Closes the Proctor Library, assisting with closing procedures until the arrival of security personnel
• Processes materials for course reserves using automated library system
• Acquires books, periodical articles and other interlibrary loan (ILL) materials from fellow academic and public libraries through our ILL service
• Enters and maintains ILL requests using automated library system
• Returns applicable ILL materials to lending facilities
• Maintains ILL statistics and files
• Assists with library account reconcilation
• Supervises library cash handling policies and procedures at the circulation desk
• Maintains daily building usage statistics
• Works evening, weekend and extended hours during finals periods as required by the Director of Library Services
• Attends workshops, seminars and meetings to keep appraised of current developments in library services
• Participates in Proctor Library’s “Everything Speaks” initiative
• Presents professional and friendly demeanor and physical appearance at all times
• Develops professional relationships with library colleagues, fellow staff, faculty and students
• Performs other college-related duties as may be required by the Director of Library Services
Bachelor’s degree required.
One year of customer service experience is required.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and the knowledge of research strategies are preferred.
Some library experience is a plus.
Frequently lifting and carrying objects up to 15 lbs.
Frequently pulling, pushing, ability to read small print, speak and hear normal conversation, reaching overhead, kneeling, stooping, bending at the waist
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Proctor Library (Flagler College)
- Job Location:
- Northeast Florida
- 44 Sevilla St.
- St. Augustine
- St. Johns
- Institution Name :
- Flagler College
- 74 King St.
- St. Augustine
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Brian Nesselrode
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please visit https://flagler.peopleadmin.com/postings/1584 to apply for this position.