Valencia College seeks a dynamic, innovative, and experienced librarian for a 12 month, tenure track position. The Emerging Technologies Librarian will encourage student success through the delivery of library resources and support students and faculty engaged in online instruction and distance learning. Reporting to the Campus Dean, Learning Support, the position will be a tech-savvy, curious, service-oriented librarian with the skills to investigate and implement innovative technologies and online learning services in a fast-paced, student-centered, collaborative environment. Problem-solving and effective teamwork skills are essential for this position.
Valencia is a nationally recognized community college offering a competitive salary, pension/investment retirement options, generous paid time off, fitness programs, and employee tuition waivers. Medical, Dental, and Life insurance premiums for employees are paid in full by the college with dependent coverage available for purchase. Professional development is both supported and encouraged, and additional opportunities for Endowed Chairs and sabbatical are available.
Essential Job Functions
1. Identify, implement, and assess emerging technologies in libraries and online information literacy.
2. Actively collaborate with librarians, instructional designers, teaching faculty, and Office of Information Technologies (OIT) in the development, implementation, and assessment of online library resources and instructional materials to support traditional, hybrid, and online courses.
3. Develop instructional programs and promotional materials for information literacy and critical thinking techniques. Participate in and contribute to curriculum development as applicable.
4. Prepare and deliver instruction to students, faculty and staff in the use of information resources and technologies in various modalities (including individual, group, classroom, hybrid, online, etc.).
5. Assist with library programming, events and other outreach activities.
6. Participate in department meetings, serve on committees, and participate in other college activities and library organizations.
7. Work closely with library staff and administration to implement, evaluate, and improve library services. Build partnerships and relationships among Valencia College Campus Libraries, as well as with others in the College community.
8. Assist students, faculty, and staff in locating, evaluating and accessing information.
9. Work nights and weekends occasionally as needed.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Master's degree in Library Science from a regionally accredited college or university and an ALA-accredited program (required).
2. Additional education in a technology field (instructional design, e-learning, instructional technology, etc.) such as a certificate, concentration, or additional degree (preferred).
3. At least one year of instructional experience in an academic library setting.
4. Knowledge and experience with emerging digital and instructional technologies along with innovative library trends and technologies.
5. Experience with online learning authoring tools, such as Captivate, Camtasia, iSpring, or Articulate (preferred).
6. Experience with Canvas or other LMS.
7. Commitment and ability to work effectively with diverse populations in a collegial environment.
8. Ability to meet the College’s requirements for tenure.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Go the Valencia Jobs website: https://valenciacollege.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=5535
Written recommendations, copies of transcripts, and optional portfolio required at time of application.